Can emclient update the not spam list for the Gmail spam filter

We’re using emclient for gmail.  We purchased a license for our users.  

Gmail flags emails as spam.  If I login to their web page (mail.google.com), I can mark emails as not spam, and they won’t be blocked again.  Is there a way for emclient to do this?

Assuming you are using version 7, select the email and on the toolbar , click the down arrow on “Move to Inbox”. You can then select to remove blacklisted email or domain.

I’m using version 7.  But there is no option for removing blacklist emails or domains.  Part of the problem is that it’s being marked as Spam by google, so the spam filter being on moves it to the junk folder.  

You can also get to it by highlighting the message and go to menu/message/move to inbox and you should see the remove blacklist options. I may have added it to my toolbar, which is why you may not see it.

I’m not sure you understand.  The emails aren’t being blacklisted locally, but at the server side (on google). I can go into an account on google and mark the email as not spam there, but it doesn’t seem to have that option on emclient.

My question is if emclient is able to tell gmail that the email isn’t spam.  If I have to have users log in to their gmail accounts directly, then emclient becomes far less useful to me.

I don’t think emc will communicate that info to gmail. I have had the same issues. In fact, I can’t even get gmail to honor the blacklist removal.

Hello Jim,
you can add he ‘Move to Inbox’ option to your toobal in the Customize option (right-click the main toolbar).
This will give you the option to move messages to Inbox from Junk folder.

This will not update the Gmail spam filter though. An email client cannot override server rules. You need to find a way to whitelist the messages on the server.

Regards,
Olivia

“This will not update the Gmail spam filter though. An email client cannot override server rules. You need to find a way to whitelist the messages on the server.”

It’s not a matter of overriding the server spam rules.  You can go on the email account via browser and mark as “not spam”, and it won’t be marked as spam anymore.  This would simply be doing the same thing only via the client instead of opening a browser.

Hello Jim,
I checked with our developers and apparently Gmail should get the information about the message being removed from SPAM and learn from it, so my first reply was incorrect, I apologize.
Feel free to test it .

Also, for future issues, I suggest using the PRO support if you have purchased a license, as our engineers will get to answering your questions quicker.

Regards,
Olivia