Calender issue: sync upload failed

emClient 9.2.1841

Hello,
Without any reason some entries in my calender produce sync upload issues, moreover I don’t even know, what this is, a ‘sync upload’.

In the failure dialoge it’s said:
The server doesn’t respond “unauthorized” related a specific folder.

I got also randomly failures with other “unauthorized” failure messages, without any reason.

Most annoying is, if you don’t ignore this failure (and accept, that it will pop up all the time again), the only thing is to erase the calendar entry. If you have various entries (ec highly important dates), they are lost and if you can’t match the entrys manually, you are kicked.

Nice dysfuctionality: the choice between accepting repetedly poping up alerts or erasing dates, which you can’t match easy manually.

But: Generally the sync of accounts (email, other calender entries in general) work more or less fine (if WLAN and connectivity is stable)

How to deal with this issue?
Thanks for any advice.
felder

Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-19 um 09.38.31

martes 20 junio 2023 :: 0932hrs (UTC +0100)

Maybe your WLAN is causing the issue as it could be random during synch
Are you certain the Birthday target folder address is correct?

skybat

¡Suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Valencia la soleada y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas

Also, Birthday calendars are not usually writable as they are generated by the server, so if you try to save something there it will give you an error.

If you are not saving or editing items in that folder, it can happen if there are reminders on events in the read-only calendar. If you dismiss the reminder, it tries to write that to the calendar and fails. Go to the Calendar section of eM Client and right-click on the Birthday calendar folder. Choose Properties and untick the option to show reminders.

“category” target - how could there something be wrong? Its a calender category, installed in my @me.com Account as “new calender” with checkmark, so all new calenders with different colors can be shown at once in the main calender frame.

birthdays: nothing which is “generated by the server”. I got a birthday, i edit the date in the calendar, finish. Shouldn’t be rocket science.

Actually i don’t want at all to unable the reminders. What sense does this make? They are useful, otherwise you don’t get reminders at all. I WANT be remembered for upcoming events, birthdays and all other categories.

This is not the point. It’s a sync problem, to stop the reminders don’t even touch the sync problem - at least at the surface of usabiltiy.
Thanks for answers.

Well, from your original screenshot, if this is not a read-only folder, then this is a server error. First your server allows you access to the folder, then it says you are not authorized. Please contact iCloud for assistance as it may be some issue with your account, or a server error.