Calendar view - difference between busy, tentative, ...

How can you see a difference between events that are private, tentative, busy, or out of office? They all colour the same and there is no difference in heading.

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not possible and this feature is not being planned in close future.

regards
Jan

And in the not so close future?

I can’t say, because we make our plans after release of every major version and because we are now preparing to finish next release we are fully focusing on features in to-do lists for this version.

regards
Jan

thx

Add 1 to this request.

What is the point in letting the user set a “tentative” (or anything else) meeting if it is not shown in the calendar?

Imagine you are on the phone and you need to tell in a hurry when you can accommodate a meeting… With a calendar full of equal events, you can’t see in a glance what are the ones you can miss!

Thanks!!
Nico

Hello,

can I ask what calendar server does not show “Tentative” status?

with regards
Jan

Appointments do have the “Tentative” option and it works fine. My concern is that those appointments that are tentative, look exactly the same way in the calendar as the others. Hence, there is no way to know (until I open an event) if I really need to attend or not.

Anyway, I’m using gmail.

Thnx!

oh, now I see.
Then unfortunately we do not plan to change this at this moment. We have to attend more crucial issues with higher priority.

with regards
Jan

What a pity! 6 years after - still the same situation. As it stands now, there is really no point (at least I cannot see any point) on having the status as ‘free’, ‘tentative’ or ‘busy’ because one can only see these statuses by opening up the event. However, the whole point of a calendar is that you have the planning laid out in a simple visual manner. Please add some kind of visual marker to the ‘tentative’. It should not be too difficult

Well that information is really useful for those you share your calendar with. Depending on what you share, the person can see when you are free, busy, tentative or out of the office, but not the details.

Thanks, Gary, I see the point now. I was just thinking it would be nice for me to see that as well

Oh I totally agree. I would love to see my calendar at a glance just showing out of office appointments. I sometimes do that . . . with another application that is linked to the same calendar. :wink:

Seven years later, this is still not addressed. I am a paying customer, by the way.

And now it’s nine years later and still not addressed. Also a paying customer here

actually make it 10 years later. Is anyone even looking at these requests and putting them into a to do? i just got SNAFU’d with this today. I have a tentative acceptance to a meeting in my office365 calendar, and I thought I was booked because the color shows exactly the same as an accepted meeting.

can this not be added? different marking, color, or something for the different meeting statuses in the calendar? it cannot be that hard if outlook has been doing it for decades. it is already being done for those meeting that have been sent but not responded to…BTW.