Calendar Synchronization

I’ve noticed that the calendar doesn’t sync until I actually click on the calendar tab (syncing with an Outlook.com account). This means that if I create an appointment on my phone with a reminder that emClient won’t display the reminder unless I remember to click the calendar tab to start the synchronization.

Is this normal behavior? If so, it kind of defeats a key functionality for me as I frequently leave emClient running on my desktop and will create reminders on my phone in the evening while I’m away from the computer. Thankfully my phone gives me the reminders.

Actually, now that I think about it, none of my calendar events have been giving me reminders, even after a sync. I’m going to test it again today to see if my suspicions are right.

As a note, I’m running version 6.0.20522.0.

Hi Ashley, calendars should be automatically synchronized with every synchronization cycle which you can setup in Tools > Settings > General > Synchronize Items every X minutes.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Unfortunately it doesn’t. I left emClient running on my desktop for a few days and created some appointments in Outlook at work and on my phone. When I checked my desktop at home, the appointments were not there. Synchronization started on the calendars after I switched to the calendar view. After syncing was complete my new appointments then showed up.

Again, and maybe related, I’m not seeing any calendar reminders at all, even for the items that have already been synced. I’ve checked that “Show balloons” is on in settings. And each calendar has “Show Reminders” checked in their properties. I did notice that going to Tools > Settings > Notifications that there is no way to turn on popup windows for reminders. It just tells me that this option is not available.

Is it possible that this is a limitation of using the free version?

Hi again Ashley, I think I’ve successfully replicated this issue, I reported the issue to the developers and hopefully there will be a fix for the issue.

I’ll keep you posted.

Thank you for pointing this out to us, and sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.

Hi again Ashley, I was just notified that the issue will be fixed in next release of eM Client, once again thank you for reporting this issue, hope you can manage to use the current setting until the release.

Thank you,
Paul.

Has there been an update to this problem? I’ve run into reminder issues with Outlook.com accounts as well (in that there are no reminders for calendar events for Outlook.com accounts).

I’m currently running version 6.0.20617.0

Hi Chris, what kind of issues, are you seeing any errors? Can you please try to update your client to this version of eM Client http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20748/setup.msi and check if the issue persists?

Thank you,
Paul.

I’m sorry it took me a couple of days to reply. I just wanted to verify a few things with the new version first. It looks like it’s working much better. Thank you. I appreciate your response speed and your help.

Hi again Chris, glad it works, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.