Calendar Synch

I use gmail for calendar synch. It worked fine until I got a new Windows 8 laptop. Now I can’t synch appointments, etc that I enter on my laptop to my android devices. There is no error message. What to do?

Hi, did you use a backup of eM Client on your new computer or did you just setup the account again?
Are you having issues with calendar only, or are you having issues with the mail account as well?

What version of eM Client are you currently using (you can find that in Help > About), thank you.

Paul.

I set it up from scratch again.

No mail issues.

Hi again, great! I’m glad to hear this, if you experience the issue again, or any other issue or questions let us know, we’ll be happy to take a look at it.

Thank you,
Paul.

The issue hasn’t gone away, I was responding to your questions. When I try to select my gmail account as the default calendar folder I get an error message that says something like “the folder selected does not contain the required item type. please select a compatible folder.”

Hi, ok sorry about the misunderstanding.

Can you please right click the calendar folder, select properties > repair and click on the repair button if it solves the issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

Sorry, where do I find the Calendar folder?

You can find the calendar folders if you click on the Calendar option in left sidebar, see your account and under your account calendar folders are listed. You should be able to do the same thing with the whole account, just right click it in the list.

Thank you,
Paul.

I figured out the problem that caused the error message but I did something wrong because I lost the calendar. The left column now shows only Mail, Tasks, and Contacts.

You can show it by right clicking any of the items you mentioned and select Calendar again.

So it works properly at the moment?

Paul.

Well, I was hopeful. It synched one time but it is not synching now. I tried 3 test events and none worked. I did do the repair step but it did not help.

Hi, I’m sorry you’re experiencing this issue, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on GData logging for the problematic account?

Save the settings and restart the application, please try again the repair feature so it’s visible in the logs, if it won’t sync, go back to the advanced settings window and click on send logs, add my email as a copy to that email ([email protected]) and a reference to this forum topic (URL), thank you.

Paul.

Before I do all that, I have compared the email account setup between my old and new computers. There is only one difference. On my old laptop under Default Folders the calendar selection is “Local Folders/Calendar/[email protected]”. That option is not available on my new machine so I have selected “[email protected]/[email protected]/”.

Could this be my problem?

Well, if you were using local folders on your old laptop for calendar, you won’t be able to synchronize those items since they are physically located on your old computer instead of your Gmail account, so yes it might be a problem.

You could change this by moving all your calendar items from your old computer onto the gmail calendar and they should be able to sync. 

Thank you,
Paul.

But I just added a test event on my old laptop with the local folder/calendar/gmail folder and it synched just fine to my android devices.

Can you please make a screenshot of your settings on your old laptop and the settings of your Calendar account in eM Client?

Thank you,
Paul.

Done via email.

Thank you very much, that email helped me to figure it out. Everything is working now. I appreciate all of your time and effort.

Hi, I’m glad it works, if you have any more issues or questions about eM Client, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.