Calendar setup using fastmail

Connecting using a newly created fastmail account, the calendar does not appear even though I can see I have a fastmail calendar account in the em client as well as the standard imap account, any way to work out what is going on as there are no errors.

Typically if the account is setup with CalDAV, but the calendar folders do not appear in the Calendar section, then the CalDAV URI is incorrect. There will not be any errors.

1 Like

Works in my phone ok

But based on what you said i have an idea

You were right, I had include too much in the URL, thanks for the tip

1 Like

To setup Fastmail , Calendar and Contacts with eM Client, see the below link. Works the same with any of the latest versions of eM Client.

Set up eM Client – Fastmail

For the Fastmail Calendar, when you go to “Menu / Accounts” you click for adding the Calendar, “Add account” and click “Calendar” manually, and choose Caldav and follow the Fastmail Calendar setup instructions on the Fastmail URL Example above.

For the Fastmail Contacts, when you go to “Menu / Accounts” you click for adding the Contacts, “Add account” and click “Contacts” manually, and choose Carddav in eM Client and then follow the Fastmail Contacts setup instructions on the Fastmail URL Example above.

If, like me, you’ve arrived here because you’ve been looking for the issue, and have a dot in your username: Fastmail will redirect you to a nonsensical URL, because it doesn’t like the dot. Replace the dot with an underscore in the URL Fastmail gives you.

1 Like

This is exactly what I needed. I found a lot of eM Client support team just saying “follow the instructions, you’ll be fine” but I was not fine.

Thank you for this fix - saved me a lot of headache!