Calendar old notifications

Hello,
I just bought eM Client and I set up a webdav calendar.
What is quite annoying is that it shows me notifications of all past events that are in my calendar (several years). How to ask him to display only notifications of upcoming events, please?
Thank you in advance!

You can disable all past calendar events if you don’t want to dismiss them manually.

See @Gary post below from the following thread.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/calender-reminder-notification-keeps-popping-up-even-if-event-is-from-past/73950/27

(@Gary Post)

"Go to the Calendar section of eM Client and switch to the “Agenda” view. You will see the icon on the toolbar after Day - Week - Month.

Uncheck “Hide Past” option by clicking on that icon. You should be able to see all your past events.

Select all events for which you want to dismiss notifications.

Open context menu by right clicking any of selected events and chose Reminder > No Reminder

You will no longer get reminders from past events"

Thank you for that advice, cyberzork.
Unfortunately, it does not work. Probably because my calendars are synchronized calendars…
As the last post of the link mentions::
“A quick fix would be to not allow notifications that are older than X, say 1 day, or 1 week.”

@fab

Unfortunately, it does not work. Probably because my calendars are synchronized calendars…

Ok If you could then also add the name of your provider where the calendar is synced as @Gary advised in that link above to the bottom of that thread, and if you are using the Mac or Windows version of eM Client and what version of EMC.

Also, if you can confirm if event reminders you actually dismiss come back again in that thread.

It finally worked! Perhaps the time to take into account the manipulation on all the old emails (which were numerous)!
Thank you very much!

1 Like