Calendar not working properly in Windows Beta version 22000.184

My Calendar is nor working properly in Windows 11 Beta version 22000.184. Have the following problems:

1. Windows 11 does not recognise emclient as an option to set as the default app for calendar - only the Microsoft email app. You can download the emclient app from their store, so that’s a bit strange to start with
  2. I can get calendar reminders ok via notifications - but they are appearing completely randomly and from months back sometimes, when they were dismissed at the time. Current ones are not appearing so this is a major major issue as I depend on them

I am running Version 8.2.1473 of Emclient

So the questions are:

1. Is this a glitch with Windows 11 which I should feedback to them OR is it a fix which needs to be sorted at the Emclient end?
  2. If the latter, when is this likely to be resolved please?

martes 14 septiembre 2021 :: 1623hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @LornaG

If you choose to run a Beta version of Windows 11 your best option is to do so
on a test/spare computer and certainly not on a computer that you expect to
perform normally with 3rd party software.

When you run a Beta release you should expect problems.
Microsoft have said that they might have a STABLE release by the end of the year.

The issue is NOT with eMC

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

1 Like

Thank You. Yes indeed I understand that, and indeed someone posted a similar (but not identical) problem elsewhere - but the reply from EM client staff was that there was an experimental workaround. So I wanted to check before I provide feedback on the Insider hub. The other post person was running a higher version of emclient than I was - but I should have the most up-to-date version on mine as I am running a pro version, so that’s another reason I asked the question. I was running Windows 11 on a Virtual Machine with no problems - without em client on it. Now it’s on my main laptop it is ONLY emclient which isn’t working properly. All other programmes are absolutely fine :slightly_smiling_face:

martes 14 septiembre 2021 :: 1700hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @LornaG

You are not running the latest version of eMC

Once you have updated check again

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

Yup!! I know that too - but when I try to upgrade it tells me I am up to date…

But I’m trying the links you gave me to see if that will help…

You will need to go into the OS default apps settings. These look quite different to Windows 10, so maybe they have not completed them yet. But you can still find eM Client there, and set all it’s defaults.

The issue with Windows 11 is that it is not yet complete, so not ready for normal use as @skybat said.

Best is to wait until the official release, then try again.

Thanks Gary. I also I think I had a problem with a corrupted database or something similar. I uninstalled EM Client including the database (after exporting all my emails settings and contacts), restarted and then reinstalled from the link that @skybat suggested. It now seems to be doing what it was supposed to be doing. It was doing one or two funny thing s BEFORE I loaded windows 11 Beta channel anyway, so while Calendar is still not available as a default in Windows 11, that is much less of a problem than what was happening.

Thanks to you both