Calendar issues with Google

I’m having a couple of issues with synching eM Calendar to my Google calendar.

1. Someone cancelled a single occurrence of a meeting. On Google calendar, only that occurrence is gone. On eM calendar, all occurrences are gone.
  2. I have my Google calendar set up to not display events I have declined. On eM calendar, they show up anyway and I cannot find an option to not display them. This wouldn’t be so bad except I also still get reminders for the meetings I have declined.
    I have tried repairing my calendar, without any change in the above. I’m using eM Client 6.0.20154.0.

Like others, I’ve had problems setting up and responding to meeting invitations in eM calendar, so I just go directly to Google calendar to do that. These usually sync OK and I can live with the inconvenience. But the above issues are a serious problem.

I much prefer your Mail functions to Gmail and would hate to give them up, but I really do need my calendar reminders to be accurate.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

Hi, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable GData logging for the problematic account?
Save the settings and restart the application, try the repair on the calendar folder again (so it’s visible in the log file).

Maybe try to replicate the invitation issue etc.

Once the issue is visible, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send Logs”, please send it to my email address ([email protected]), and please add a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.

I’ve done as requested. Unfortunately, I was unable to replicate the invitation issue: when I created a repeating calendar item myself (directly in Google Calendar) and canceled specific instances, the eM Client calendar updated correctly. However, the meeting created by someone else that had one instance canceled still appears correctly on my Google Calendar but does not show up at all in eM Client.

I wanted to add that my eM Client calendar does not refresh automatically when my mail does. After a repair, it stays blank until I close and reopen eM Client. I later found that I can do a manual refresh to synchronize calendar changes without closing the application, but it does not refresh on its own every 5 minutes like my mail does.

It could be a long time before I can replicate the invitation issue. Do you want me to keep logging until then or send you the logs from this morning?

Hi, if you have a shared event with multiple attendees and only one instance declines it shouldn’t be removed from your calendar unless you’re the declined instance. (The fact one instance cancelled isn’t always a reason to cancel the whole event), If you’re set as attending, the event stays.

Paul.

I don’t understand how your response relates to my issue #1:

1. Someone cancelled a single occurrence of a meeting. On Google calendar, only that occurrence is gone. On eM calendar, all occurrences are gone. 
    What you’ve written indicates that eM calendar is not behaving as expected, which is the reason I posted this issue. The other occurrences on the Google calendar correctly indicate that I will be attending, but as I said, this meeting does not appear at all on my eM Client calendar.

I was unable to reproduce this by creating a shared event with myself as the only attendee. In this case, eM calendar behaved correctly. If you can tell me how to reproduce issue #1 without involving other people, I will try it. Thanks.

And if this response was about my issue #2:

1. I have my Google calendar set up to not display events I have declined. On eM calendar, they show up anyway and I cannot find an option to not display them. This wouldn’t be so bad except I also still get reminders for the meetings I have declined.
    I’m referring to events to which I’ve been invited and have declined to attend. I did not create the event. The declined event appears on my calendar and I get reminders even though I declined. As in the other case, I think these are usually recurring events and I have declined to attend one or all instances.

Hi, I’m sorry for my very late reply, I’ve tried to replicate the issue on the newest release of eM Client, but unfortunately was unable to do.

Can you please try updating your application to this version (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20320/setup.msi) and let me know if that helped the issue, you were describing?

Thank you,
Paul.

I’ve updated my application. Thus far, I can say that issue #2, declined events appearing on my eM Client calendar when they do not appear on my Google calendar, continues and I have to manually delete them to not see them, though I don’t yet know whether I will continue to get reminders for them. Issue #1 occurs only when someone else cancels a single occurrence of an event to which I’ve been invited, so I will have to wait until someone does that again before I will know whether the problem is fixed. Thanks for your help.

Hi, I don’t know whether you still had the issues that required more testing, but you can download this internal update (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20395/setup.msi), I was unable to replicate either of the issue you’ve noted. Let me know if you have any other issues with the application…

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, I know this is a topic from 20214, but we are having exactly the same thing happen as Blue Topaz issue #1.
We are running version 8.2.1473.
Event is a recurring event, created in google by somebody outside our organization, several members of our team are invited and 1 of our team members declined. the event is visible in google calendar, I checked my iPhone and it shows in the apple calendar but not in Emclient calendar…

Can you right-click on the affected calendar folder in eM Client, and choose Properties > Repair.

Hi,
I have similar issues. Basically the entire google calendar sync needs an uplift, and particularly recurring meetings. The biggest issue for me is that for a recurring meetings I see 2 events in EMC: one a recurring event and one a single event. you can see 3 such cases in the attached screen shot. Moreover, trying to delete/decline the single event mucks up the whole series and eventually it gets deleted. I can also not consistently accept recurring meetings. If I accept from EMC, it reverts to unaccepted and if I accept in Google calendar it never makes it to EMC.

additional issue is agenda items that remain even after event was cancelled deleted.

Anticipating the reply to be ‘please try and reproduce’ I would like to say that these issues are basic features and should really be caught during QA. This thread started 8 years ago and there are still issues despite the fact that google is essentially the same. You should not use your customers/users as testers.

1 Like

Miron,

It’s not just Google Calendar. I have posted several issues Em’s calendar management. For some reason, even though I have provided replicable evidence of the issue occurring, the developers are unable to resolve the issue.

Do you have an issue when you dismiss a reminder it ends an update to everyone on the invite? Or, do you get old calendar invites appearing over and over again? And yes when you dismiss them it send a calendar update to all invitees for a meeting that may have occurred 2 years ago?

I pop back here every once in a while to see if these issues have been fixed. But from what I can see this is a really old issue that just won’t be solved.

I do not have this specific issue but I do have issues with EMC updating old events (not sure why) and failing. Google even tells you what is wrong

1 Like