Here’s the situation I’m facing:
- My boss and I both have accounts on the company CalDAV server, same e-mail domain too.
- My calendar is delegated to him with read-only permission.
- His CalDAV calendar is configured as his default calendar folder.
- At times, when an invite is sent to both of us from an outside party, his eM Client will add the event to the delegated calendar, instead of his default calendar.
- When he clicks “Accept” in the message body of the invite, he obviously gets a 403 error from the CalDAV server, since he does not have permission to write my calendar.
- Manually moving the event to the correct calendar is an inconvenient workaround.
Any help is much appreciated.
Hello Patrick, calendar events after clicking on “Accept” should be saved to the default calendar of the account, it’s default Calendar folder should be setup in Tools > Accounts > Your account > Calendar.
If an invite is sent to both of you, you should be able to accept your part of the invitation only, unless you have your Boss’ calendar setup as delegated too, e.g. you’re entitled to accept events to his calendar.
What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? What CalDAV service vendor are you using on your server?
Thanks for the response. Looks like the version is 6.0.22328.0. The CalDAV server is SOGo.
Hello Patrick, can you please update your application to this release and check your default calendar folder settings in the account settings of your eM Client?
If the issue persists, please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced, and enable CalDAV logging for the problematic account,
- Save the settings
- Restart the application
- Replicate the issue
Once the error reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logging data to us using the “Send logs” button, please submit a copy of the message to my email, email@example.com and also include a reference link to this forum topic.