calDAV password unauthorized error

Unsure what you mean!
You need to log into iCloud with your Apple user name and password, now they send you a text message with a further random generated number.

Once you go through all that BS to go to iCloud settings and then ‘advanced’ where you will see the ability to generate an ‘app’ password, for use with non apple devices, which eM client on a PC is.

So back to eM client on the PC with that new password and insert it after your user name in the eM Client accounts set up page.

I hope that clarifies it! I only use iCloud calendar and the above works for me, I don’t use their email

Hi David,

If you only have an [email protected] account you should have (in theory) no problems because you never had a [email protected] account. (me.com was the predecessor to icloud.com). 

I had an [email protected] account, when Apple ditched the me.com because it was terrible, Steve Jobs admitted this in one of his keynote speeches they transferred everyone to an icloud.com. However for those on old me.com accounts you can only access the Calendar calDav using the [email protected].
In short,  in eM Client go to Accounts/Your icloud account/CalDav (tab) and change the [email protected] to [email protected]. Leave the other tabs alone.

I have done this on my laptop now and all is working fine

Huw

Never had a @me.com account and never used my icloud.com email either! was only when I started to use an Android tablet that I wanted to use the iCloud calendar to link with eM Client and in turn it’s calendar.

Anyway long story short was all fine when it was just user name and password, but then they introduced this second tier BS and that’s when I had problems until you told me about the app password, now all okay.

Hello David,
your issue was resolved with the application password, as I understand.
This solution was for other users who still experienced problem with their calendar even after correctly setting the app password :slight_smile:

Regards,
Olivia