Caldav/cardav won't sync rev 8.xxx

Suddenly with rev 8.x.2951 I can’t get cardav/caldav to sync. I’m using an Apple “app specific password” as they require to sync with iCloud, and it’s been working fine for years, including after my move from rev 7 to rev 8 a month or so ago. Suddenly quit syncing 4-5 days ago. I’ve gone into accounts and re-entered the Apple generated password but no change.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Same here. This was an issue during the beta phase of version 8 which I reported at the time, and it was fixed in time for launch, but seems to be broken again.

OK, some comfort there, not just me. Now, I deleted the caldav/cardav accts, created new ones and gen’ed new Apple app password, all accepted ok in new acct windows. BUT, no calendar other than a local calendar. How do I get a caldav calendar to appear, even if empty from no syncing? Went to help function, but insufficient granularity for all steps.

Thanks for any ideas.

PS: have not tried yet, but is it possible to go back to v7? No problems there and usually I wait 2-3 yrs before upgrading.

Hello,

This is the official guide for iCloud account setting: http://www.emclient.com/em-with-icloud . Please check that you have done everything right or try adding the account again.

If the error remains, send me please the CalDav logs from the iCloud account. You can allow them in Menu > Tools > Settings > Advanced. After that just close eM Client, reproduce the error and send me those logs to [email protected].

Thank you.
Russel