Bug report version 9.2.1222 (ca10485)

When having several email accounts in instance emclient and when 1 or more accounts are set to not synchronize emails receival, they anyway keep being synchronized.

This issue is new, and specific to v9 branch

Are these POP or IMAP accounts ?

Are these POP or IMAP accounts ?
imap

IMAP accounts (unlike POP accounts) normally will allways receive email automatically to the inbox (in realtime) even if you set the option to not synchronize in mail client options as is the nature of IMAP.

However you can disable an IMAP inbox folder from receiving email in eM Client “by adding a specific parameter” to the diagnostic tab of the mail account.

So to disable an IMAP account inbox folder from receiving email, see @Gary post on the following thread.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/can-i-disable-mail-retrieve/86670/3

this was not working as you mention in previous versions. ‘Not synchronize’ option was ticket, and it wawsn’t effectively.

So i maintain my bug report

this was not working as you mention in previous versions. ‘Not synchronize’ option was ticket, and it wawsn’t effectively

Removing the “Sending and Receiving” tick box (if that is what you are referring to), does not normally stop receiving for IMAP accounts (Only POP). That has allways been the case. I’m amazed that worked for you previously.

The only other way to stop receiving email for an IMAP account is to “remove the IMAP checkbox under Account / General / Services” section as @Gary advised in that thread link at the bottom.

There is no bug. You can’t not sync IMAP accounts unless you disable the account. That is because the messages are stored on the server and eM Client is just giving you a cached view of the server, something like webmail.

But you can disable the IMAP service in Menu > Accounts and then in the Services section of the General tab for that account. Obviously as the messages are stored on the server, when you disable the IMAP service, you won’t see the folders anymore.

Or you can just disconnect from the Internet.

1 Like