Bug report: Sidebar changes after restart or randomly from Hidden to Minimized or Maximized

Hey there!

Due to having my mail client on nonstandard portrait monitor, I need every pixel and I use bigger fonts, so when the right side bar opens randomly, it crashes my layout of the eM Client.

Could You please fix this, when I chose an option to have it hidden, it will stay hidden?

Thank You!

With best regards

uplink

What resolution do you run, and what version of eM Client do you have. Also are you using Windows or Mac and what version OS.

Hey there mate!

I’m running Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2 and the side monitor is 2160 x 3840, but…

…I’m having 3440 x 1440 uwqhd as a main, so part of my 4K 27 incher in portrait is hidden behind the uwqhd one, so it’s 1721px for width only.

I also use 225% DPi scaling on my secondary monitor:

And font size increase so I can see everything properly.

And it results in this size of my mail client:

Which is super fine, till the side panel shows up:

And it’s not fine anymore :frowning:

I also use 225% DPi scaling on my secondary monitor

Ok I suspect the problem is the DPI scaling that I don’t think eM Client is designed for that. Can you test setting that back to 100% to know if that’s the issue.

Also what version of eM Client do you have ?. Go there “Menu / Help / About”.

Hey there mate! Thank You for Your fast reply!

And yes, ofc. lowering DPi scaling fixes the issue, it’s an issue of my explicit command/setting to leave the panel hidden by all means and the softwares’ “freewills” to pop it after restart and/or waking up of system from sleep [of monitors only], etc.

So it’s a bug, because I’ve set, applied and saved the setting many times and it still does what it wants.

Also, the panel pops up even in 100% DPi scaling, it’s not DPi scaling related, only the result is :slight_smile:

And here’s a version:

1 Like

It’s an issue of my explicit command/setting to leave the panel hidden by all means and the softwares’ “freewills” to pop it after restart and/or waking up of system from sleep [of monitors only], etc.

Also, the panel pops up even in 100% DPi scaling, it’s not DPi scaling related, only the result is.

Using Windows 10 & 11 and same eM Client version 9.2.1222 (shutting down in Sleep mode) or (Minimizing / Maximizing) etc “doesn’t seem to make the sidebar popout” & (stays hidden) when i set it to hidden with default settings in eM Client and Windows set to 100% Dpi scaling.using (One Monitor). I use a resolution of 2K (2560x1440).

So must be something to do with (Multiple Monitors and different Specific resolutions) that’s causing this problem then in eM Client. The devs & other forum users with multiple monitors would need to test that.

Hey there mate!

huh, how about that. Interesting, so it never pops out? Good to know and thank You for Your feedback mate!

Yeah, multiple monitors are still a pain after a few decades of it being an industry standard :frowning:

Well, maybe someone’ll take a look at it sometimes :smiley:

1 Like