BUG REPORT: block fragments next to conversation buttons

Hey there,

with the Update to v 9.2 I got some strange fragments just next to the conversation toggle button. Sometimes it has the “selected row” color, sometimes it’s light grey and under some conditions (tab in and out of emClient, do things, don’t know exactly …) it’s pure black!

Here some impressions:

ENV:
Windows 10 Pro N
emClient 9.2.1222 (ca10485) | Pro License

Are you using a custom theme ? Or one of the default built-in themes, and if so what theme is it.

Just standard theme. No adjustments were made there.

Just standard theme. No adjustments were made there.

Which theme are you using so we can test ? Eg: Classic, System etc.

“Modern”, light version (as I said, did never made changes there, did not select a different theme than the default one).

Looks like you may have some column configuration that is overlapping. Can you reset the column order and see if it is removed. To do that right-click on the column header row. Choose Columns Configuration. Click on Set Defaults.

3 Likes

@bitshifters

“Modern”, light version (as I said, did never made changes there, did not select a different theme than the default one).

I have tested V9.2.1222 with Windows 10 and “cannot replicate that problem” with the small black block fragments you are getting with the “Modern Light Theme” and Conversations view enabled.

So if resetting the Columns configuration order as @Gary advised above doesn’t fix it, then it could be possibly the eM Client upgrade to V9.2.1222 didn’t install correctly, or possibly a eg: Video driver issue that might need updating or uninstalling and reinstalling.

So would then suggest to first backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” You can see when the backup is completed via “Menu / Operations”.

Then once backed up, close eM Client and uninstall it and “Don’t delete the database” when asked on uninstall. Next download V9.2.1222 from the release history page and reinstall and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t fix it, then see if there is an “updated graphics video driver” for your specific video card and try updating if there is. If there is no updated video driver, try doing an “uninstall and reinstall” of your video card driver. You can sometimes get glitches in programs with problematic video drivers.

Note:- If you do uninstall and reinstall your video driver, reboot your computer after reinstalling.

1 Like

I have a pretty ful schedule today. Will try all your suggestions tomorrow and reply here later. Thanks guys. :orange_heart: