broken attachments

Hi
Every now and then attachments get corrupted / are broken in eM client. Means I cannot open them in the appropriate application like Word / Adobe Reader. The error-message says something like damaged file.
When I download the very same attachment from the webmail, there is no problem at all. Mailserver is «mailEnable», protocol imap.
Any idea what could cause this behavior?

Thank you very much. Philipp

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using?
Can you make a screenshot of the issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi, thank you for your replay, I was abroad, so I can reply only now.
It’s the latest version of em client (6.0.20154.0). As I was writing, the error occurs only one and then and not every time, I’m unable to say, what could cause the error.
For the error-message see the attachments (unfortunately only in German). It says something like «The file is damaged and can not be opened» or «The document is corrupt.»
Any idea what could solve the problem?

Thank you very much, Philipp

Hi again Philipp, can you please download this update, this is the latest public release of eM Client (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20498/setup.msi) install the update and try to replicate the issue.
And if the error occurs again, let me know.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks Paul, I installed the latest public release of eM Client. And yesterday, the error occured again. This time it was an corrupted jpg-file. And again, logging in into the webmail i was able to open the image without a problem. I could send you the .eml-file, that woud maybe help.

Please let me know if you have any advice to slove the problem.

Thank you, Philipp

Hi Philipp, sorry for my belated reply, can you please try to use this version, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20675/setup.msi let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul.

Philipp,

Are you by any chance using Eset Smart Security?

I had exactly the same issue as you are describing (incompletely downloaded attachments) when I was using Eset Smart Security. That was exactly the reason I changed to Bitdefender. But this was already almost 2 years ago … I assume that Eset will have solved this problem by now.