Blank Email Content

Occasionally, I find emails that are totally blanked. Message header seems intact, but the content is missing. When this happens, it is true for a number of emails. Last time, they came back after a day or two. What gives?

If you are using IMAP, that could just be some corruption in the message cache. Right-click on the folder and choose Properties > Repair. If it is a Gmail account, right-click on All Mail instead.

Thanks for the suggestion. Indeed, I am using imap-mail.outlook.com as server. But I have set eM Client up to download emails off the server locally, so that I have permanent record of emails… and so that the server does not load up and possibly purge my emails. So these blank emails are already downloaded locally and no longer resident on the server. Apparently, the “repair” option is absent for local folders. Any other ideas? Thanks again.

Yes, the repair option is for resyncing the message cache from the server, so if you have moved the messages to a Local Folder, it does not apply.

I am not sure what the reason for them being temporarily blank is. All I can suggest is that you keep eM Client updated as newer versions in the Release History may have fixes for things like this.

I dont get the Repair option at all - under Properties it only shows General

The repair option is only for IMAP folders. If you are looking at a Local Folder or a POP3 account, the option will not be there.

Hi!
I have the same problem as mjj, it’s an IMAP account to Gmail and I occasionally move the emails to a local folder within em client. This works, most of the time. Now an email is stuck in inbox in em client, it’s not on gmail anymore (looking directly on the gmail.com page), subject and preview is shown but I cannot open it (mail is simply blank), the email in fact has already been moved by em client to the desired local folder but it keeps the blank copy of it in the inbox, which I cannot do anything with, not even delete it. I just found this thread here, tried to repair local cache as instructed by @Gary but it didn’t help.
Thanks for any help!
coheid

PS: I’m also getting the red exclamation mark symbol next to my gmail account in em client, which tells me that sync has failed…