Blacklisted emails keep appearing

emails that are moved to Junk and Blacklisted keep appearing.
How can this annoying issue be resolved?

When you click on Move to Junk and then click on Move to Junk and Blacklist Domain (or email) subsequent matching emails will be handled automatically…ie: moved to Junk Email.

Where else are you seeing them?

They reappear in the inbox

When they appear in the inbox do you use the Move to Junk option? Which sub-option are you using, Junk and blacklist email or Junk and blacklist domain?

Junk and blacklist domain

Do you see the domain in the Blacklist RULE?

BTW, what version of eMC are you using?

I’ll confirm if domain is in Rule.
version 8.2.1659 (845a639)

Personally, I find that blacklist the domain is of limited use. I get the same spam from one domain on Monday and then twice on Tuesday from another domain. So, neither blacklist by domain or blacklist by sender works to stop a lot of spam. Those two options do help, but the same emails, from different senders and domains, continue to appear.

Better than Emclient’s minimal spam protection, I pre-scan all my emails with MailWasher Pro. It provides those blacklists, and also standard blacklists like spamcop, and also Bayesean learning algorithms, and its own blacklisting system, so it manages to find about 70% of my spam before it gets to me, and I can delete it before downloading.

When you blacklist a domain, does the next one come from that domain?

Ditto here,. I have looked in ‘Rule’ and I don’t recognize any of the ‘blacklisted’ emails/domains as the ones I have blacklisted. So I am running the free version to determine if I wish to purchase. Maybe that’s why blacklisting does not work? If so doesn’t help the prospect of purchasing! ALso I must admit I tried a couple years back and program had some issues. They appear to have been worked out so I am evaluating again.

Of course spam messages may not come from the same address or domain twice, so if you have added an address or domain to the Blacklist, then next spam message may not match. The Rule is very specific. On the other hand, if you use your email provider’s spam detection by marking the message as spam in webmail, it will be a little wider in that it will look for similar messages and not exact matches to the address or domain.

The only way email addresses or domains can be added to the Blacklist, is if you do that yourself. Which you do by selecting a message, and by right-click choosing Move to Junk > Move to Junk and Blacklist email/domain. It may be possible that you did not see the address or domain when you did that, so that is why you don’t recognise it, but the address or domain will have been taken from the email you Blacklisted. If you have done it by mistake, you can edit the Blacklist Rule and remove the address or domain.

Doesn’t work. I keep getting the same emails and domains back every day.

Then it will not be a match to the address or domain in the Blacklist, or the Blacklist Rule is not ticked.