Beta 8.0.2593 (1b961dd) Bugs/Improvements

• Windows version has no icon on task bar any more → empty paper icon
  • rule set up has inconsistant placement of buttons. Mostly, they are at the buttom (except main dialog → top) but i.e. from people has the buttons top, search words have some on the right, some at the button, which is correct, because I can add or delete entries there – this functionality to fields moved in from peoplemore indifferent to the top instead (right) aside the corresponding fields as in search words.

In my opition dialog design should follow one design rule. A general standard is dialog commands (abort, save, close,…) reside at the bottom, content belonging buttons should be close to the corresponding fields (see search words as a goog sample of that).

I can not see any advantage in varying the placement of buttons, especially in dialogs that belong to one process like defining a rule.

Not sure if it was set by the latest update today or by restarting the computer: icon is available now (→ first “•” fixed)

Yes, betas have bugs; that is their nature. Yesterday’s release corrected many that I had flagged.