Best way to handle Junk with GSuite IMAP

What is the best way to handle junk email in eM Client with GSuite.

I received a junk email > I right click and selected to Move to Junk > A copy of that email appears in a new folder called “Junk E-mal” (which also ends up as a label in Gmail) > But the message still appears in the Inbox.

Please note: I have not shown my Gmail “Spam” folder in IMAP (mainly because its constantly getting hit with hundreds of messages a day).

Appreciate any expert insight into how others have handled this. Thanks

It could be that your message cache is corrupted, that is why the message is still showing in the Inbox. Right-click on the All Mail folder and choose Properties > Repair and see if there is any difference. This may also fix your other issue.

eM Client moves messages you are flagging to the Junk E-mail folder, but as you have disabled the Spam folder, eM Client is syncing the Junk E-Mail folder to the Google server. If it was enabled in your IMAP settings, then the eM Client Junk E-mail will be the same as the G Suite Spam folder. 

It may be better to flag messages as spam using the web interface for your provider. That way further messages will not appear on your other devices using the same account, and it also helps prevent other users getting spam from that sender. The eM Client option is OK, but it is local, and if you somehow lose your database, you lose that rule as well. Means you need to start over with flagging messages as spam.

I really don’t get any spam messages (since I stopped using Google), so it is easy for me to manage. I guess you need to look at what works best for you.

I was just thinking that maybe if the Spam IMAP folder is enabled, flagging in eM Client may add the address to the Google Spam engine. It would be interesting if a GMail user could comment on that.

It could be that your message cache is corrupted, that is why the message is still showing in the Inbox. Right-click on the  All Mail  folder and choose  Properties Repair  and see if there is any difference. 

No that didn’t make any difference.

This may also fix your other issue.

The other issue could it have something to do with the auto-save draft feature as I am writing/replying to a message?

I have enabled the Spam label from Gmail to appear in IMAP, which appears as “Junk E-mail”

Now moving the email to junk removes from inbox. 

Thank you!

And this little trick stops showing the unread count for spam messages in gmail/imap: 
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/the-geek-blog/get-rid-of-the-unread-spam-message-count-in-gmail-and-your-imap-client/

Now that is a truly useful thing to know. Thanks for that.