Bei Gruppierung ältere Mails nicht löschen

Hallo,

Unterhaltungen mit dem gleichen Absender/Betreff werden ja gruppiert und das soll auch gern so sein. Wenn nun aber eine neue Mail reinkommt und ich nur diese löschen möchte, wird leider die ganze Unterhaltung mitsamt den älteren Mails aus der Unterhaltung/Gruppierung gelöscht.

Lässt sich das abstellen?

Sure, if you delete the conversation, all the constituent messages will be deleted.

To delete a single message from the conversation, right-click in the message body preview for that message and choose Delete.

1 Like

Hi Gary. Thanks for the quick reply.

I have understood the function. I just would have liked to have it with less clicks, like Windows Live Mail. There only the newest mail is actively selected and I can also delete only this single mail. Without further clicks. I had hoped that the eM Client is similarly simple.

You can do it in less clicks if you disable conversations by selecting Menu > View > Conversations > Disable Conversations.

Now the list or preview is of individual messages, not conversations. When you click delete, you are deleting a message not a conversation.

I think @RingoD would like to have both the conversations view and an easier way to delete single messages within conversations.

1 Like

When using conversations, to delete a single message from the conversation, right-click in the message body preview for that message and choose Delete.

@eisbaer Yes, that is correct.

The current way, which Gary also mentions, works but is too cumbersome. Windows Live Mail had solved this easier and I would like to see this way for eM as well.