bad close of EMclient 7.1.33101.0 when closing Windows Session

A colleague of mine will try the internal version on a test machine. I’ll keep you in touch with the results.

Somewhere, quite some time ago, I found mention in this forum of a version 7.2.33277, which seemed to address this behaviour. But since it has never made it to release status,  i thought there must be issues with it. So I went back to the latest official release 7.1.33101.
I can confirm the issues, but I decided I could wait until the programme was securely closed before ending my windows session. Not nice, but something I can live with until the next official release, which I do think is a bit overdue by now, 7.1.33101 being from July, 12th,

The version I received for test is 7.1.33355. I’m waiting for feedback from my colleague who makes the test: next week probably.
When you have a laptop, it is so simply to stop Windows from Menu and move the machine in its bag a few seconds later, instead of manually closing application, waiting for 3 minutes and then stopping machine.

I am using an internal version on a production machine, and it works just fine. :slight_smile:

Look forward to your future comments.

7.2.33277 is a beta version that should not have been made publicly available. It was an early release (more like an alpha) that had so many bugs it was unusable.

With my laptop, I just close the lid and enter suspend or hibernation, so there is no issue. LOL!

Lol, yes.

Sometimes, miracles seem to happen. Yesterday I installed that “rogue” version 7.2… again. I got a bunch of errors, but it closed instantly, hitting the X-button in the top right corner.
Then I uninstalled everything, including registry entries via Uninstall Tool,  and made a fresh install of 7.1.33101.
Now it takes exactly 2 seconds for emClient to close via the X-button. There must have been some self-healing going on. Maybe some other affected users could try the “deep” uninstall.
Oh, by the way, I have the pro version.

I did not get too deep into the beta, and it kept crashing so I never really managed to close it. Good to know that there is more improvement with closing to look forward to. :slight_smile:

version 7.1.33355 still have the issue :frowning: Message transmitted to Russel Markosky

with version 7.2.34137.0 and same network and account configuration, situation is worse

:frowning: :frowning: