Backup und Sicherungspfad und Speicherpfad

I have a small issue here, this is just an idea:

Why don’t you end up in the Memory and Backup menu items directly in the emclient directory when you click on the three dots next to the path?
After all, emclient is specified in the directory path.

Here in the menu item Memory you end up in Roaming:

Here in the menu item Backup you end up in Documents:

The website says: Automatische Sicherungen in eM Client | eM Client

If you work with IMAP or EWS protocols only, your data will be stored on your mail server at the same time. If something happens to your PC or database, you can easily set up your accounts again and all your data will be synchronized with the server again.

I don’t understand the bold part. First re-set up the accounts (My mail address is meant by account or) and then sync? I thought the accounts are automatically set up by restoring the backup? The accounts are included in the backup aren’t they?

Question about backup and restore backup with IMAP:

Isn’t there something missing from this tutorial?:

• Start eM Client in offlline mode

• Move or export the mails to local folders

• set eM Client to online and let it synchronize

• move the local mails to the online folders - so they will be uploaded to the server again.

The backup recovery part is missing in the plan.
Shouldn’t emclient be started in offline mode first and then restore backup and then continue as above?

Did I understand that correctly?:

If I restore backup and stay online then afterwards during synchronization the restored mails would be deleted right away because they are not on the 1&1 server?

But if I move the mails online at the end back into the online folders, then they are not deleted again although they are not on the server?

Isn’t it the same if the previously deleted mails are restored from the backup or manually moved to the online folders?

In both cases the previously deleted mails are not on the server.

Greetings

Ich habe hier eine Kleinigkeit, das ist nur eine Idee:

Warum landet man in den Menüpunkten Speicher und Sicherung nicht direkt im Verzeichnis emclient wenn man auf die drei Punkte neben dem Pfad klickt?
Schliesslich ist emclient ja im Verzeichnispfad mit angegeben.

Hier im Menüpunkt Speicher landet man in Roaming:

Hier im Menüpunkt Sicherung landet man in Dokumente:

Auf der Website steht: Automatische Sicherungen in eM Client | eM Client

Wenn Sie nur mit IMAP oder EWS Protokollen arbeiten, werden Ihre Daten gleichzeitig auch auf Ihrem Mailserver gespeichert. Sollte mit Ihrem PC oder der Datenbank etwas passieren, können Sie ganz einfach Ihre Konten neu einrichten und alle Ihre Daten werden wieder mit dem Server synchronisiert.

Den fettgedruckten Teil verstehe ich nicht. Erst die Konten (Meine Mailadresse ist mit Konto gemeint oder) neu einrichten und dann synchronisieren? Ich dachte die Konten werden automatisch neu eingerichtet indem man das Backup wiederherstellt? Die Konten sind doch in der Sicherung enthalten oder?

Frage zum Backup und Wiederherstellung des Backups mit IMAP:

Fehlt bei dieser Anleitung nicht etwas?:

• eM Client im offlien Modus starten

• Die Mails in lokale Ordner verschieben oder exportieren

• eM Client auf online stellen und synchronisieren lassen

• die lokalen Mails dann in die online Ordner verschieben - so werden sie dann wieder auf den Server hochgeladen.

In dem Plan fehlt doch der Teil der Backup-Wiederherstellung.
Müsste nicht erst emclient im offline Modus gestartet werden und dann Backup wiederherstellen und dann weiter wie oben?

Hab ich das richtig verstanden?:

Wenn ich Backup wiederherstelle und online bleibe dann würden danach bei der Synchronisation die wiederhergestellten Mails gleich wieder gelöscht weil sie nicht auf dem 1&1 Server sind?

Aber wenn ich die Mails online zum Schluss wieder in die online Ordner verschiebe, dann werden sie nicht wieder gelöscht obwohl sie ja auch nicht auf dem Server sind?

Kommt das nicht aufs gleiche raus ob die vorher gelöschten Mails vom Backup wiederhergestellt werden oder manuell in online Ordner geschoben werden?

In beiden Fällen sind diese vorher gelöschten Mails doch nicht auf dem Server.

Gruss

1. The database directory (C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client) and the backup directory (…\Documents\eM Client) can’t be the same folder. Well the backup will probably be OK, but if you try to restore a backup it will fail. So keeping them separate as in the default settings is the best option.

2. With IMAP and Exchange the messages are stored on the server. So if you lose you device, it is no problem to setup an email application on another device, and it will sync the messages from the server. You can setup the accounts manually, or restore a backup. The restore will also have you preferences like Rules and signatures etc., but the same messages will resync from the server in both options.

3. Not sure where you are looking at the tutorial, but the process to restore some data from a backup if it has been deleted from the server is as follows:

• Disconnect the computer from the Internet. This is important!
  • Go to Menu > Settings > General > Backup. Disable Periodic Backup if it is selected and click on OK.
  • Make a backup using Menu > Backup, so we can come back to the current database later.
  • Restore the old backup that has the data you want to retrieve.
  • Export that data you need. You can do that using Menu > File > Export > Export email to eml files. You can select whole directory trees, so it is fairly easy to do.
  • Restore the backup made above.
  • Reconnect to the Internet.
  • Import the data from step 5 using Menu > File > Import > Email (eml).

For the sake of clarity, let’s work through question by question:

There is a misunderstanding because I realize that these must be two different directories.
I meant why you don’t directly end up in the em client folder but a directory before it? Finally, em client is specified in the directory path.

Der Übersichtlichkeit wegen sollten wir Frage für Frage abarbeiten:

Da ist ein Missverständnis denn mir ist klar, dass das zwei verschiedene Verzeichnisse sein müssen.
Ich meinte, warum man nicht direkt im Ordner em client landet sondern ein Verzeichnis davor? Schliesslich ist em client angegeben im Verzeichnispfad.

Does no one know the answer? Was just a suggestion for improvement that you land right in the emclient folder.

Weiss keiner Antwort? War nur ein Verbesserungsvorschlag, dass man gleich im Ordner emclient landet.