Backup troubles

Hi,
Back up was set for once a week. Recently I noticed no new backup. Trying to change setting I had error :
HRRESULT:0x80071A90.
Then I changed backup to once a day and today it made two backups (one at 08h57, the other at 13h55).

What happens?
Version 6.03.20154.0
(I don’t want to set backup in Windows Task Scheduler, as wrote Jan a few months ago).

Hi, I’m not completely sure if I fully understand this issue, can you make a screenshot of this issue?
Also can you try to download this version (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20498/setup.msi) and update your eM Client to this version?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hello, I don’t know what screenshot I could make. I just notice backup are not made as setted and I had the error only once.
Why I did not have automatic update? I have a live licence.

Edit : I see you suggest to download an older version? True?

Hi again, you’ve mentioned an error, if you’re able to replicate the error, can you make a screenshot of this error.

No, certainly not, I’ve suggested an update to a newer version.

Thank you,
Paul.

I tried to replicate the error, with no success (change settings > apply > ok).
Sorry I did not understand that 6.0.20498 is newer than 6.03.20154.0 :slight_smile: I just saw my licence with number 3 and yours with number 2 :smiley:
I’ll update and I’ll have to wait at least two days to see if it works ok.

I forgot to tell you that I have no backup problem with same version on my laptop.

Hi again, let me know if you encounter this issue again.
Just a note there’s no version 6.03.XXXXX, just 6.0.XXXXX.

Thank you,
Paul.

You are right! Sorry. I already drunk 4 coffees, but its monday!

Hello, I had the error again. It came when I changed the settings from every day to every week, when I clicked on “validate”. See the screenshot

Hi again, are there multiple users using eM Client on your computer?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi,
no. I’m the only one using my computer. I have eMClient also on laptop computer, where eMClient is opened only about once a month.

If you’re the only user (administrator), can you open Task Scheduler on your computer and find the eM Client backup task and delete it?
I believe you have to open the task, disable the task and then you can delete it.

After you do so go to the settings and uncheck the backup option, click apply, and then setup the backup again.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Doing this I had the error again.
Anyway, I think it’s not a big problem. Backup of last week works. Now, I changed it to once a day. So, I’ll see tomorrow.

Ok, keep me posted.

Thank you,
Paul.

I made again. Error HRESULT:0x80071A90 occurs when I click on “OK”.
No problem when click on “Apply”.
And the error message is not shown everytime.

Can you please send me an email to [email protected] ?

Thank you,
Paul.

I forgot to tell you that problem is solved. I unchecked backup in eMClient and made it using Windows task scheduler. It works well.

Hi again, great, very glad to hear this, thank you for the update.
If you come across any other issues or questions, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thank you. I always received help :slight_smile: