Backup file disappears

Hi Everyone

Been using eM Client for a very long time and never had an issue with creating backups before. Tonight I am in the process of moving to a new computer but I can’t seem to get the backup to finish.

I start the backup and I can see eM Client creates a temp file under C:\Users\Griffin\Documents\em Client\backup_201803031838.zip.incomplete. I can also see that file increases in size as it starts the backup process. Then after a bit the file disappeared with no indication from eM Client if it failed or finished.

Nothing in the log files about the process. Anyone have any ideas? I really don’t want to copy the files manually and re-setup my email accounts…

The log should contain information about the backup. Something like this:

17:03:04 Database backup: Started
17:03:04 Database backup: Processing account abc
17:03:11 Database backup: Processing account def
17:03:11 Database backup: Processing account ghi
17:03:12 Database backup: Processing account Local Folders
17:03:12 Database backup: Processing account Archive
17:03:12 Database backup: Processing account Search Folders
17:03:13 Database backup: Processing configuration data
17:03:13 Database backup: Compressing the backup
17:03:18 Database backup: Completed

Odd that there are no errors. But if you are not able to get the backup to work, you can copy the complete database directory. This is exactly what the backup does; it compresses the database directory.

Close eM Client and copy C:\Users\Griffin\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ from the old computer to the new one.

Just remember to deactivate your license on the old computer first, otherwise you might no be able to activate it on the new one.