Backup Error- "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

For the past few weeks, I get “object reference not set to an instance of an object” when I start a backup.  The backup doesn’t complete and give any other options.  I’ve tried to run DBRepair but that doesn’t correct anything.  What is the correction path that I need to take?

Windows 7 (x64) on a Dell Inspirion

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using?
Can you tell me the exact version number from Help > About?

Thank you,
Paul.

Can you please try to update to this version of eM Client? http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20698/setup.msi
Please check if the issue persists after the update.

Thank you,
Paul.

Same message.  Took an hour to get there and froze my machine.  I’m just not going to use this aspect of your software because it’s poorly executed.  I can do a full Export in under 15 minutes while your backup chews up all of the resources and takes forever.

Bonus—After rebooting, I get to wait another 20-30 minutes for eMClient to do a database check.

Hi, the database check can be dismissed, however since the backup feature was accessing your database files it’s not the best idea to do so.
I’ve reported this issue to the developers, we would definitely like to resolve this issue for your, can you please send me an email to [email protected], with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul,
    The requested dump is too large to mail.  Can I attach it someplace here?

The dropbox link has been mailed to you.

Thank you, I’ve reported the issue to the developers and I’m currently waiting for a response. Once I get more information I’ll get in touch with you with a possible solution.

Thank you,
Paul.