Backup Advice and Guidance

As someone not particularly IT savvy I was wondering if there is any em Client guidance on backing up my emails and folders. In particular… How to backup, where is the data stored (cloud or local), how can I assess how big the backup would be before doing it (I have a lot of old email filed), can I do incremental backups, etc? Any advice or guidance really appreciated thanks.

I did see there is this blog entry about the topic: How to do a Backup of eM Client data | eM Client

2 Likes

Hi Lancealot, thanks for your useful advice. I found a backup option in the Main menu. I clicked ‘Backup’ and it immediately started running in the background (invisible). Then about 20 mins later it said ‘Backup complete’. However, I have no idea where the backup is stored or how large it is?

Are my options limited because I’m on the free version, or am I missing something? Any further advice or guidance welcome from anyone. thanks.

You can see when the backup is completed once started via clicking “Menu / Operations”

You can then check the size of it in your "User Profile Documents eM Client folder. It will be a dated backup.zip file. Example eM Client V9 backup for Windows below.

Note:- I also setup the daily periodic backups via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup” and keep the last 3 backups and also then copy / sync the 3 backups daily to external and cloud drives just in case.

C:\user\yourname\Documents\EM Client

Thank you Cyberzork, really appreciate you taking the time to reply and I hope your info will help others too. :slight_smile:

1 Like