Auto delete junk mail?

Rather than go through the manual process of deleting junk mail from the Junk Mail folder and the auto created Junk folder how about offering the option of deleting emails in both the Junk and Junk Email folders upon exit? It would save a lot of keystrokes.

Your thoughts?

Hi, thank you for the suggestion, we’ll consider it for future releases.

Thank you,
Paul.

How about an option to auto-delete after x days instead? This would allow for an opportunity to review junk mail in case legitimate message have been sent there.

Hi again, this should be an available feature on your server, login to your webmail and check your server settings, where you should be able to setup to clear junk folder after X days. 

Hope this helps,
Paul

Hi Paul,

On servers using cPanel, I believe that this facility is only available in Horde which means that I would have to login to Horde every time I wanted to have the junk folder cleared of old messages.

An alternative would be to add the behaviour using bash, but again, that is not the most practical.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks.

Hi again Pascal, as I mentioned it is usually a server side feature, e.g. once you setup the option it should be processed daily by your server. No need to login to Horde each day, as this should be processed automatically, in case you’re using IMAP.

Regards,
Paul

I’ll have a try. Thanks.