Authentication failed on new installation

I had eMClient v7.2 on a previous PC. Installed eMClient on Win10 PC. Activated key. Only get Authentication failed message.

Is this with a Free or Pro License?

When you say “Authentication failed” is this with the license activation, or when sending/receiving messages?

Activation seems OK, it then brings up the inbox but says ‘no messages to display’

@itforsenior Did you setup your email account/s manually or automatically on the new installation ?

If it was an automatic account setup, did you get asked to “allow” any authentication ?

If it was a manual account setup, check that you have the correct Account “Port” and “Security Policy”. apart from the account username and password.

If its activated ok as you advised above and you have the correct account setup details, then see if you have an “Red Triangle” errors next to your account showing where you can then click to see the error.

Manual set up I think. EmClient opens at inbox, a panel comes up ‘Password required’ I enter User Name and server password then get message Server says Authentication failed. I presume there is a single mismatch somewhere.

Some reasons you will get that error are:

1. You entered incorrect credentials.

2. When you manually setup the email account in eM Client, you used incorrect port/security policy combinations. Go to Menu > Accounts and make sure you have one of the following combinations in each of POP3 or IMAP and SMTP tabs:

SMTP
Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

IMAP
Port 993 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 143 = Use SSL/TLS if available

POP3
Port 995 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 110 = Use SSL/TLS if available

2 Likes

FINALLY got there after a huge effort, changing/checking all entries. Security in Port 110 of POP3 showed Force usage of SSL/TLS so I changed that as you advised. Then finally got to use your Diagnostics, which fixed authentication. Perhaps you should promote this feature a bit more.Thanks for support.

2 Likes