Attempting a search causes app to crash

A couple times a month I will do a search in the client. Today I went to do a search and as soon as I start typing in the search box, the app freezes then a few seconds later crashes.

I even tried to use the advanced search and again as soon as I type in the search box, it freezes then crashes.

Faulting application name: MailClient.exe, version: 9.2.1735.0, time stamp: 0x6355849f
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3324, time stamp: 0x7f9ebe8b
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00088a10
Faulting process id: 0x5748
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9d940fe82122d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 593ae074-692f-4b85-8f19-d5c3a51d337a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

As a start, you might want to try upgrading to the current version from (Release History | eM Client) and see if that will resolve your issue

1 Like

Interesting. I clicked on the “check for updates” multiple times and it said no updates. In the past, It would also prompt to install an update. Clicking on that link, I see there have been 3 updates since the one I had.

I installed the latest version and search is working again. Thanks.

I’m having almost the same problem. I also did not get any notifications for new updates to install, even when I manually checked for updates from within the eM Client app. I downloaded the most recent update from eM Client’s website and have isntalled it, but my problem persists. The app still crashes whenever I try to search for soemthing. The only difference is that it looks like I have to hit “enter” to initiate the search before the app crashes. Just typing in the search field doesn’t seem to trigger it, unlike jst3761’s case.

Is there anything else I can do to fix the problem?

Thank you,
Josh

You can send me an email at [email protected] and let me know the email address you entered in the crash report. I will have a look and see what the issue is.

The error in the crash reports is: database disk image is malformed

You can try closing eM Client and opening a Windows Command Prompt. Not a powershell, but a command prompt.

Paste in this command including the leading "

"C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dbrepair

When that is done, restart eM Client, and try the search again.