Attachments taking too long to download

Hi there,

I noticed this happening a couple of months ago and not sure what the issue is, but when I have an attachment in an email in eMClient and try to open it, it takes 10-20 times as long as if I were to go to that email client to open/download.

I’m not sure what the issue is here, but I’ve included a video of the issue here:

Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 Like

domingo 06 noviembre 2022 :: 1708hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @microbrahdah

I do not understand what you are doing, in particular - but when I have an attachment in an email in eMClient and try to open it, it takes 10-20 times as long as if I were to go to that email client to open/download.
Are you using more than one email client, if so what other?
What is the format & size of the attachment?
What is your connection speed?
IMAP or POP3?

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

@microbrahdah

If you are using Yahoo as IMAP or any IMAP remote cloud mailbox, The main reason this happens is that “all attachments have already been fully downloaded” into your cloud mailbox, compared to eM Client which by default only reads the mail headers and then body of the email when you click on it.

However, you can speed up the process in your Yahoo IMAP account to "Download messages for offline use, and also “include attachments”. as in the below Yahoo IMAP example.

Go to “Menu / Accounts” and click on your Yahoo account. Then click the “IMAP tab” along the top and place a check in both the boxes below. Then “Save and Close”.

Mine is the same as in slow downloading attachments. It wasn’t originally. I am not happy with the functioning of EM client after having used Outlook for all my previous years.

Thanks for the tip. I’ve enabled this and we’ll see if it makes a difference.