attachments empty when moved to subfolder

When I receive an email with an attachment, for example a PDF, MS Word or MS Excel file, I can open and download the attachment while the email is in the inbox. However, After I move the email to a folder the attachment becomes empty.

I have checked settings but couldn’t find anything obvious.

What is happening here ?

Hi Howard, sorry to see this, what kind of account are you using with eM Client, are you using an Exchange account?

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Are you seeing any errors thrown by the application?

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your quick reply.

eM Client version is 6.0.21372.0. Yes, it is an exchange service I am accessing. There are no errors coming from eM Client, that I can see. 

A bit more detail on the behaviour:

1. Attachments are fine while the email is in the INBOX.
  2. When I move the email to a folder, the attachment file becomes zero bytes long.
  3. It remains zero when I save, open or forward.
  4. When I use the Exchange service webmail, the attachment is intact. That is, I can use the Outlook Webclient to access the same email in the same folder and the attachment is ok.

I suspect it has something to do with the privacy/security settings because the attachment has not been clobbered completely.  In Settings>Privacy “Display unsafe content in all messages” is selected. In Settings>Attachments there are no actions defined.

I couldn’t see anything wrong. Also, this is a fairly recent problem. It started to happen after I did an upgrade to the most recent version

Hi again Howard, when the mail is moved to another folder in your mailbox, can you please try to repair the folder you’ve moved the item into and check if the issue persists?

Right click the folder you’ve moved the item into and select Properties - Repair and click on the Repair button to resynchronize the folder with the server, note that this will remove the items from eM Client and will fetch all available items from the server.

Thank you.

Hey Paul,

Works a treat !

Thanks. 
Howard

Hello again, if this is the case, can you please try to enable Exchange Web Services logging for the problematic account and create some logging data for us in order to resolve this issue?

Please navigate to your advanced application settings in Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable Exchange Web Services logging for the problematic account, save the settings and replicate the issue, once you move the item, also repair the folder and restart the application once the folder is resynchronized.

After the application restart, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logging data to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you.

Ok Will do.