At Windows 11 dont work "emClient Open in Background"

open in Background when windows starts dont work any more with windows11

martes 14 septiembre 2021 :: 2027hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @niwes

What version of eMC are you running?
You should disable Run on system startup.
Menu ->Settings ->General ->Un check Run on system startup ->Apply ->OK

If you choose to run a Beta version of Windows 11 your best option is to do so
on a test/spare computer and certainly not on a computer that you expect to
perform normally with 3rd party software.

When you run a Beta release you should expect problems.
Microsoft have said that they might have a STABLE release by the end of the year.

The issue is NOT with eMC

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

1 Like

Try to start emclient in Windows 8 mode.

@niwes

Yes as @skybat says eM Client is not supported yet for Windows 11.

When its officially supported, you will normally see an update on the eM Client release history page. https://www.emclient.com/release-history

Also the eM Client Blog page https://emclient.com/blog usually has new info too. So more than likely will probably be updated on that too.

Is there an ETA on a fix for Windows 11? W11 is due for release at the beginning of next month.

I just updated to Release Preview yesterday and that broke Fastmail CalDAV calendar and CardDAV contact syncing.

Also tried to submit a support ticket with logs this morning and that process crashed.

Perhaps it is time to revert back to Windows 10 while you await an update.

Don’t think I’ll be doing that as Windows 11 appears to provide pretty seamless Linux GUI app support and Android is coming. These were the only reasons for bothering with an upgrade but they’re pretty big deals. Already installing Linux stuff.

lunes 27 septiembre 2021 :: 1929hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @S_Mittelstaedt

If you choose to run a Beta version of Windows 11 your best option is to do so on a test/spare computer and certainly not on a computer that you expect to perform normally with 3rd party software.

When you run a Beta release you should expect problems.
Microsoft have said that they expect to have a STABLE release before the end of the year.

MICROSOFT QUOTE:
Be aware, we advise to only run Windows 11 on a PC that’s NOT your main machine, as there are plenty of small issues for now.

In the meantime, vendors such as Lenovo have released some guidance to other users who have machines running Windows 7 and above, that it may be a free upgrade, but with a caveat.

There’s even an option to downgrade to Windows 10 if you are experiencing issues with Windows 11. This is available in the current Insider/Beta builds, but you can only do it within 10 days of upgrading your machine, otherwise a clean install has to be done in order to go back to Windows 10.

The issue is NOT with eMC and they cannot be expected to ‘Provide a Fix’ when the final version of Windows 11 will not be released until at the earliest 5 October 2021

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

@skybat

Unfortunately one can only warn/suggest about Alpha/Betas…

The Release Preview channel is not Beta. It’s pretty close to what the actual deployment is going to look like, in slightly more than a week.

As it happens, eM Client is the only software I own that the upgrade broke.

lunes 27 septiembre 2021 :: 1954hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @S_Mittelstaedt

Whether Beta or Release Preview is academic - it is not final.

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

My concern would not be how things are going to “look like”… rather how the engine works with my key applications. So I would recommend that before one ventures forth with Alpha/Beta versions, they make contact with their key application vendors for their position on a major operating system upgrade.

Just my opinion and hoping all works out for you in the end.

1 Like

This is the topic with the worst replies I’ve ever seen. We know Windows 11 is a preview, which will be released in a few days, and the users are just pointing out that things will break when it gets released.

It is a discussion forum about Emclient, not whether or not an user should use beta/preview software. Emclient team should thank people that report these errors, instead of bashing them for testing their software.

1 Like

Sorry I did not meet your criteria for the best replies, whatever that means. I will continue to offer advice/suggestions without concerning myself with your best-to-worst ranking.

1 Like

lunes 27 septiembre 2021 :: 2048hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Gustavo2

Thanks for stating the obvious.
AND
"Emclient team should thank people that report these errors, instead of bashing them for testing their software"
You appear to have overlooked the fact that this Forum is supported by ‘Users’ who give up their free time to perhaps be able to help others and not eMC employees.

Skybat
[email protected]

1 Like

I somewhat agree with you. No emClient staff member has replied at all to these Windows 11 preview issues. If they were perfect, then in my opinion, someone from the company would have responded. However, all these responses have just been from users in a user supported forum frequented often by emclient support staff. They are just generally good citizens trying to help each other out and do not represent the company.

On the other hand, their staff spends a lot of time here giving support to free users and others who don’t have support contracts to obtain paid support, or perhaps do, but think a public answer would help others. All in all, given the size of the company and the price of the product, I think we are getting a pretty good deal.