At least one line per e-mail-account in vertical control panel necessary?

Hi everyone,

this is my first posting here and the right time to say “Hello everyone :-)”

I worked with Thunderbird for years, and now I am looking for an alternative because of several reasons. Up to now, I’m happy with ‘eM Client’.

Here is one issue: Over the years, I created a few e-mail-accounts, that I only use seldom and for special reasons. Incoming E-Mails are read via POP3. It makes no sense for me, to have all these accounts in the vertical control panel, because I would never use the appropriate folders (inbox, outbox, …).

In Thunderbird, the incoming and outgoing e-mails are stored in local folders for all these accounts. The accounts don’t appear separately in vertical control panel one by one.

Is it possible, to configure eM Client like this, too?

Thanks in advance for your tips.

Bfn
Michael

I figured it out by myself.

Maybe, the solution can be of worth for someone else. So, here it is.

o If you already created an account, that should not appear in the vertical control panel, delete it.
o Re-create it with Tools > Mail > Other. Don’t use one of the other options, even if there is a special option for your provider.
o Enter your account settings in steps 1 to 5
o In step 6 “Finish” select (x) store messages in local folders.

Bfn
Michael

Hi Michael, glad you were able to resolve the issue, eM client by default tries to setup an IMAP account, so if you want to setup a POP3 account, you should be able to choose where the content of the messages will be stored.
Apparently you’ve managed to find the option by yourself.

Please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul