Archive Entire Account

I have an email address I’m mothballing. It’s all of my emails with colleagues, etc., about my grad school projects - so I’d like to create an offline archive of everything, and then never see it again - until I specifically open it up.

All of my Googling keeps going back to Auto Archive or archiving a single folder… Basically, I want to take the entire account, pour it all into one big virtual banker’s box, and put it on a shelf.

I’m sure it’s easy but I am equally sure if I don’t do the first step(s) right, I will screw the pooch.

Thanks for any help.

If its an old email account you are closing but still want to be able to access the messages later, then suggest to create a folder down in “Local folders” at the bottom left of eM Client called eg: Old mail and then drag or move that old email account folders as they are down under Old Mail. Then once you are certain all your messages and message folders are all down under Old Mail, then remove that account.

If you cannot see Local Folders, go to “Menu / Settings” (Pc) or “eM CIient / Preferences” (Mac) and under the General heading, place a check / tick on “Show Local Folders”. Then Save and Close settings.

Lastly if you do move messages under Local folders, make sure you backup regularly as those messages are no longer in the cloud account end. You can either backup manually via “Menu / Backup” (Pc) or “File / Backup” (Mac). You can also setup automatic periodic backups via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup”.

Auto Archive is normally only used when you “are still using an active email account on the server” and you maybe want to eg: save space on the mail server box. So you could then use the Auto Archive feature to set that active email account to “archive server messages to a local folder older than X days” you set.

Thanks. Looks like I should have done this before losing access to the account - they look like they’re downloaded to my machine (in the original box) but when I try to move, I need to sign in. Let’s see if I can get restored on a holiday weekend!

And, yes, that’s my understanding of how Auto Archive worked.

Props for proper use of “e.g.”!

Thank you