Appointments get multiplied (after syncing i guess)

Hi, 

For a while now my new appointments in the agenda get multiplied, not too long after i entered it on my pc. 

To me it feels like they get multiplied when synchronisation happens when starting the pc, although this is a guess… (this morning i awoke (too early) because some of these appointments made my phone bleep 20 times…:frowning:

Is there a way to counter this? It only happens on the appointments that i add on my pc, not on the ones that are synchronised from my exchange account from work.

Thank you in advance.

Regards, 
Michel

Hi Michael, sorry to see this, I’m afraid this might be caused by a synchronization issue with your server, possibly even an issue in the sync service used to sync your calendar/tasks. What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

What mail/calendar service are you using with eM Client, are you using CalDAV for synchronizing your items with the server?

Thank you,
Paul

Hello Paul, 

The version i use is 6.0.21372.0

I use syncing with Outlook from work. In my work account i added a personal agenda. Both agenda’s are synced on ipad and my pc, but its mainly the personal agenda that gets doubled many times, maybe that info helps you. If i remember well, this did not occur in the beginning.

Im not sure if i use CalDAV, so probably not. I just entered the outlook adres last time and did not change any special settings.

Hope you have a clue. Thanks for the attention. 

Regards, 
Michel

Hi again, if I understand this correctly you’re using an outlook.com account? If so, can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable AirSync logging for the problematic account?

Save the settings, restart the application, replicate the issue by repairing the calendar folder in which you have your items duplicated. To repair the folder, right click the folder and select Properties > Repair and click on the repair button.

Wait for the application to resynchronize your items with the server, and make sure no operations are running and if the issue persists, please again restart the application to quit the logging session and submit the logs to us by using the send logs button in the advanced settings window.

Please submit the logs to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul

Hi, 

I use the normal Outlook from Microsoft Office on my work. 

Greetings, 
Michel

Hi again, thank you, do you think you could tell me what kind of account you’re using with the application, I’m afraid that without this information we will not be able to proceed to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Paul

Hi, 

The only thing i know/see is that i simply used the exchange syncing with Outlook. I dont understand in what way i can explain more about the account i use. If your looking for particular information please help me to find that.

Regards, 
Michel

So you’re using an Exchange account with eM Client? If so, are there any errors thrown by the application while you’re synchronizing your items with the application? Can you possibly make a screenshot of the error/issue?

Also, please try to right click the calendar folder your duplicated items are saved in and use the Repair feature in the calendar’s properties.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi, 

All the things did not help me out. I took a better look and discovered that the problem is caused by a certain setting for appointments.

The following setting causes duplicated appointments: when selecting weekly at the ‘recurrence tab’ + (here things go wrong) set it to i.e. every 3 weeks. When syncing after that it duplicates the appointment on the same day. First time the amount i chose for recurrence after that it adds 1 every sunc.

Hope this is fixable. Thanks.

Greet
Michel

Hi again Michael, I’m sorry but I’m still unsure on what type of mail service you’re using with the account, can you please specify if you’re using an Exchange, Outlook.com or another type of account such as Gmail over IMAP, so we can get more information about the issue?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi, 

I use Exchange. This morning i noticed there is also an option too choose at the ‘scheduling’ tab to choose a different account to put the appointment in. Since i choose a different account for my home appointments, the error seemed to disappear (for now?). I get an error now though, namely:

16:57:23   MailExceptions.OperationException: Modified occurrence is crossing or overlapping adjacent occurrence.

This one i can just ‘ignore’.

Regards,
Michel 

Hi, this error is thrown by the Exchange server when the appointment with a recurring rule crosses the setup recurrence, for example, if you have recurring event setup to occur every week, you can only schedule this occurrence in the current week or the week in which the occurrence is displayed, if you’d like to reschedule the event to another week or month the error will be thrown.

Unfortunately this is a server condition for creating recurring events.

Regards,
Paul