App Crashes on either search or typing an email address in to send

Hi All, My eM Client suddenly started crashing on searching the other day… still doing it.

I select a previous search and it’s OK, but type in a new search and it crashes pretty much immediately before i even get to press enter.

I start a new email and go to enter an email address, again it crashes. No need to press enter.

I’ve tried the previous suggestions in this forum to repair the database, and checked for updates (in app and on the webpage) and I am up to date. It happened all of a sudden and now got worse to the point I cant compose a new email!

eM Client has always been super reliable for me up until now.

Just tried REPAIRING eM Client by downloading the latest installer and it starts and begins the repair then I get:

Reinstalling will not help, as this seems like a database issue.

Close eM Client and open a Windows Command Prompt. Not a powershell, but a command prompt.

Paste in this command including the leading "

"C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dbrepair

When that is done, restart eM Client.

If you still get the issue, then you will need to delete the database and start again. By default the database is the C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ folder. You may have to enable hidden items in Explorer to get there.

Hi Gary,
Yea tried that rebuild - it fires up the same eM Client rebuild routine that happens when the app doesn’t close correctly right?
If I delete the database I am guessing I am going to lose all my folders etc., and have to sync everything again?
Thanks,
Adam