AOL account not working

Setup a new pop3 AOL account setup on EmClient 8.1.979 according to the AOL settings but it refuses to work. pop.aol.com; 995; …special port legacy; Use these credentials. Pop errors with Failed and Server not responding.
smtp.aol.com; 465; Use ssl/tls if available; use identity credentials. SMTP errors with Failed and Fix failed. I have my other verizon/aol account working just fine.

Port 465 shouldn’t be used because it was reassigned for other use. But if you want to use it, set the security policy to Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy). The best option for SMTP is Port 587 and Force usage of SSL/TLS

One thing you can try other than the settings, is to disable your anti-virus/firewall application, then try again.

Tried what you suggested but still failing. SMTP fails immediately and pop errors with the server not responding which is false because my other account syncs just fine.

If the other account syncs just fine, then use the same port and security policy that is setup there.

If it still fails, please give the error, which you will find in Menu > Operations, then in the Log tab.

1:36:32 PM [email protected] [POP3] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
“Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond…”
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3Account.ReceiveAsync(Action1 receivedItem, Action1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Receive()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.ReceiveAllInternal()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.SendAndReceiveAll()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.timerSendAndReceive_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
at MailClient.Program.<>c.b__167_1()
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at MailClient.Common.UI.Forms.BaseForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at Xilium.CefGlue.Interop.libcef.run_message_loop()
at MailClient.Program.Main(String[] args)

And this is using the same port and security policy that the Verizon account is using? They are both POP3 accounts correct?

Yes sir, the same settings. The only difference is the existing one is the verizon/aol account.

If they are both using the same port and security policy, that confirms that it is not anything on your computer that is blocking the connection.

In the error it says that the host has failed to respond. It might be an idea to contact AOL about that.

I’ll give it a shot sending maybe the error log also. I won’t hold my breath though. Thanks

I would even try doing a eg: “Telnet” to the AOL POP mail server to see if you have access through your computer. Old school troubleshooting.

AOL Help Email settings page with example email client mail configurations…

“Use POP or IMAP to sync AOL Mail on a third-party app or download your email”

https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-use-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-aol-mail