Any particular reason why sync has errors only sometimes?

Just wondering if anyone else has an issue with send/receive or syncing having errors only sometimes … and sometimes it goes just great?  Not an earth-shattering issue but wondering if some setting could eliminate it. Thanks greatly! Jack ":-Dx

Hi Jack, not completely sure what you’re referring to, are you seeing any errors from the application, if so can you please make a screenshot of such error and check the Log tab for any addition error information?

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you check for the exact version number in Help > About?

Thank you,
Paul

This is on the XP again, but I believe it does it on the 8.1 too which has a direct Ethernet connection. I am also looking at questions submitted on the right here titled “False Email Sync Error” and SMTP settings problem, only works sometimes." I’ll read them too. Here is what I get “sometimes.”  I’m sorry you also asked for the version, it’s in a 2nd image below.

Can you switch to the “Log” tab when the error occurs, copy the content of the log and post it here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul

Right now having a problem figuring how to copy the log. I see it. I try to swipe it to highlight it and copy it and it won’t highlight. Only one line will highlight. Looking to see if there is anywhere within the program to copy the logs … apologies! :-/

You can use ctr+a to select the whole content of the log or use arrow keys to select selected lines only.

Hope this helps,
Paul

This seems to be the last time something went amiss just 1/2 hour ago, about 3 operations back, since then fine. As I mentioned, sometimes … I hope it’s enough to tell you what you need. About 8:05:30 AM (don’t know about my email being in there but there it is??) BTW this was on the 8.1 pc.

8:01:16 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
8:01:16 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/SAVE TEMP/Personal/Veterans
8:01:16 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
8:03:49 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Copying messages
8:03:49 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Copying messages: From Inbox to [Gmail]/Trash
8:03:50 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Copying messages: Done
8:03:50 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
8:03:50 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done
8:04:57 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Copying messages
8:04:57 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Copying messages: From Inbox to [Gmail]/Trash
8:05:08 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/BILL POSTED
8:05:30 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Cannot open folder “{0}”.
8:05:30 AM (Connection terminated)
8:05:30 AM    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.SelectFolder(Folder value, Boolean force)
8:05:30 AM    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
8:05:30 AM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
8:05:30 AM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
8:05:30 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
8:05:34 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Copying messages: Done
8:05:34 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
8:05:34 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done
8:05:34 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Copying messages
8:05:34 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Copying messages: From Inbox to BILL POSTED
8:05:34 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Copying messages: Done
8:05:34 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
8:05:35 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done
8:05:35 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder [email protected]/BILL POSTED
8:05:41 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done
8:05:41 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder [email protected]/BILL POSTED
8:05:41 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done
8:05:41 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder [email protected]/BILL POSTED
8:05:42 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done

This log is from the 8.1 pc

Seems like one of your folders is not available for IMAP, can you try to right click your account in the left pane and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button?

This should resynchronize the folder, hopefully removing this error.

Thank you,
Paul

Done! And thanks for now. I just did the update on this 8.1 pc too and the repair. One thing about the Repair option. Just a thought. When I clicked on it I could not see anything happen, or maybe if I did it was very quick. I wasn’t sure if I could click the OK Button. Maybe they could insert something more obvious to let the user know the action is done. I could not tell. So I clicked it a couple of times to make sure I’d done it. Justa thought!  Thanks again so much for your time!  ":-Dx  jack

Hi, maybe the repair was done very quickly, however the operations window should start showing activity when re-synchronizing the folder.

Let us know if you come across this or any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul

Unfortunately it’s still doing it. On the 8.1 and the XP. Well it’s not that much trouble to hide the window with the error. It doesn’t seem to stop the operations. Oddly it seems when I call for the Send/Receive myself it appears to do well. It’s when it’s called on it’s own time send/receive that it happens.  :-/

Hi again Jack, can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable IMAP logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the issue reoccurs and the error appears, can you go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to us using the “Send logs” button?

Please submit the logs to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul

I sent logs per the SEND LOG option. I also saved it here on the desktop if needed. :-/   ty

Hi Jack, sorry for the belated reply, however I have not received any logging data from your, can you please make sure the logs were sent?

Thank you,
Paul

I sent something but it seemed to be incomplete then. I have noticed one thing if it’s not a fluke. It seems to do this only when it’s disturbed. Such as it’s in operations mode and I use the internet for loading a webpage or Google Drive is working. It’s as if I’m asking more than one task over the internet. Otherwise if I ask eM to Send/Receive and nothing else is going on it seems to do fine. I will try to send logs again. I think I can force it to act up at will. Just do what I mention above, load a webpage while the operations it taking place. Well as I typed here operations began, I opened a new web window and called for a webpage and it didn’t act up. It appears to have completed it fine?  I’ll wait and see. Thanks much!

Paul I did re-send the logs and put as subject LOG REQUEST and then in the body referred to Paul Employee requested these. That was a couple of days ago. However I believe the issue happens so infrequently now I’m not concerned. Basically it seems eM gets spazzed out when something else is taking bandwidth. I have another program like that called Gmail Notifier Pro which likes to spaz when something else is taking bandwidth. And come to think of it Google Drive shuts down when something else takes the bandwidth. So maybe it’s not eM at all. Maybe it’s just my DSL and servers. So I can work around it by just click on HIDE or IGNORE the window that says there errors and just wait for the next Send/Receive or call for an update on Send/Receive right then and then if nothing else is working the bandwidth. Does that make any sense? :-/

Hi again Jack, if there are multiple download request sent to your server, sometimes the server can be unresponsive, however as eM Client keeps an IMAP connection open between the client and the server, even if the connection is dropped, the application should be able to reconnect and download the data immediately.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Well helps much. I’m clicking on LIKE here for your comment and it’s not wanting to mark it. I’ll try a bit later. :-/  AAH! It showed after I Submitted this message. Allz well! :slight_smile: