Another GMail Synchronization Problem

I’ve searched the forum and have found lots of references to the GMail synchronization problem, but I’ve got a couple of things to add that I haven’t seen in anyone else’s post.  First off the computer I’m having the synchronization problems with, and the problem is as described by others as being the indicator spinning away but email never dropping, is a desktop running Windows 10 as an operating system.  Curiously I liked eM Client so much I also installed it on my Windows 10 Microsoft Surface Pro 4 which I booted up this morning and, lo and behold, it synchronized with GMail just fine.  To further complicate the matter I installed Mailbird on my desktop to see if it was experiencing the same synchronization issues with GMail as eM Client was, and it appears to be able to sync with GMail no problem.

I’ve tried all of the suggested actions to fix the installation like removing and reinstalling the account, repairing it, etc, but it still isn’t syncing.

Comparing the two email clients I really like the appearance and functionality of eM Client more, but if I can’t resolve the GMail synchronization problem I’m better off with Mailbird rather than checking my Hotmail account in eM Client and my GMail account elsewhere.

If you go to Menu > Tools > Operations, are there any errors?