Android: Inconsistent Notifications

I am using a Pixel 8 Pro running Android v14, if that makes a difference.

I have been using the eM mobile app for a couple weeks now and I’ve noticed that the new email notifications are inconsistent:

• Sometimes they show up without “Reply, Delete, Mark Read” options
  • Sometimes they show up with those options
  • Sometimes I get two notifications per email, one with and one without (usually a few minutes apart)

I can’t find any pattern to when any of the above happen, it seems to be random.

Also noting that when I tap on the notification without the handling options, nothing happens; but when I tap on the notification that does have the handling options, it will open the message.

Send any feedback on the mobile beta app to [email protected]

Include the mobile app version and OS ver.

The only thing I can suggest is to try “deleting the app cache via your OS settings”,

Or failing that try “clearing the app complete data via your OS settings” and setup the account(s) as new.

Or failing that “uninstall and reinstall” the mobile app and setup as new.

Lastly check you have the latest app via the Playstore or Apple app store.

1 Like

I’ve emailed as you suggested.

Upon further investigation, I think it might be related to the “push notification” setting on the accounts. The app seems to send normal notifications when new email is downloaded, whether or not the push setting is enabled. I’m guessing that the other type of notification came from the push setting.

Just posting my findings here in case anyone else gets confused. I’ll see what the support says.