Android App will not send messages

every time I sent an email from the app, I got the popup saying “your message will be sent soon.” Then they disappeared (there is no “outbox” folder could find). The first two messages did send, but only after a few minutes. The next three were never sent.

The other issue I encountered during setup was the fact it took the app almost 20 minutes to download all my messages and folders before the app actually opened to show me my inbox. There was no way to have those emails populate as they were downloaded, nor a way to stop/abort the intial sync once started.

every time I sent an email from the app, I got the popup saying “your message will be sent soon.” Then they disappeared (there is no “outbox” folder could find). The first two messages did send, but only after a few minutes. The next three were never sent

Try swiping down in your Inbox or All Inboxes and see if those 3 messages unsent then do send ?

If that does then send those 3 messages ok, and you have to keep doing that to send any other messages, then send that feedback to [email protected] .

However If it still won’t send by swiping down, “press the Menu at the top left” and press “Settings at the bottom”. Then “press on your Account” and then “press SMTP” at the bottom".

Then update in this thread what your SMTP Server settings are at the top, and also what mail server you send through.

Normally your Outbox should be showing under your account “when you press on it”. If it’s not, could be in Local folders at the bottom left. You can also see your Outbox in Favourites (Global folders) at the top left.

So to show Local Folders & Favourites Folders, “press the droid mobile app menu at the top left” and then press “Settings at the bottom”. Then scroll down and press “Show Folders” under Preferences. Lastly enable “Show Favourite Folders” and “Show Local Folders”.

Then “press the arrow at the top left” and X to exit back to the app. Finally “press the app Menu at the top left” and you can press on Favourites or Local Folders where you should then see your Outbox.

The other issue I encountered during setup was the fact it took the app almost 20 minutes to download all my messages and folders before the app actually opened to show me my inbox

If you have a very large mailbox on the server with alot of messages and message folders or labels etc, that could take time. Also if there is alot of html content etc in the messages it can take time to sync.

Also can depend on the speed of your mobile connection whether mobile data or wifi and what speed you are getting at the time of syncing.

My own IMAP mailboxes initially each took a few hours to sync due to I have 1000’s of messages and 100’s of message folders / labels. So if you got yours all synced in 20mins that’s pretty good.

OK, the swipe down manual refresh did work. Although I don’t remember doing that for the first two that did send?

I didn’t even see the favorites folder drop-down but yes the outbox is there. Good to know about the switch on/off the local folder visibility.

I don’t have an issue so much with the time it took to sync but with the fact the app was not usable until the sync was completed and there was no warning about that. Like, “We estimate this will take X minutes to sync, and the app will not be usable during that time.” Better yet would be to just have those folders/emails populate in the background over time. The expectation with any app/program these days is that it will be ready to go upon installation.

Thanks for the help!

OK, the swipe down manual refresh did work. Although I don’t remember doing that for the first two that did send?

As it then sent email ok when you swiped down, that is related to a current known issue with the droid app which hopefully will be fixed soon in an update.

Note: After you have swiped down manually once, the app will from then on normally automatically send mail ok everytime “untill you close the app”.

So definitely send in that feedback.