An error occurred synchronizing folder list

Can somebody please tell me why this error message comes up day after day and what I should do to fix it. Many thanks in anticipation.

Don’t feel bad. Obviously nobody has replied to your question. I have tried emC several different times and you problem is the same as mine. I continually delete the APP and go back to Win Mail. Months will go by then I install emC again but nothing is fixed regarding this issue. U might want to try Mailbird or Thunderbird.

Google Contacts Synchronizing folder list failed due to the following error" The operation was cancelled.

Could be your Gmail contacts locally have got out of sync with the Gmail server.

Usually the fix for this, (apart from removing the whole account and re-adding it), is “Right click on your Contacts” under your Gmail account, and then click “Properties” at the bottom. Then click the “Repair” tab at the top and finally click “Repair”. This can take a little while as it clears the local cache.

Failing that if you use a standard Gmail IMAP account (Non POP), go to “Menu / Accounts” and highlight your Gmail account and remove it. Then re-add your account via the automatic email setup wizard at the top and see if that fixes the problem. See this eM Client with Google Workspace page.

Note:- Before running the repair or removing and re-adding your Gmail account, backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup”. You can see when the backup is complete via “Menu / Operations”.

…

If still a problem could be that you may have some Gmail contacts (online) in custom folders “that cannot be synced” and might need to be moved to the default Gmail contacts (online folder) and default labels.

So suggest if you don’t already, to go to Gmail contacts online & move all your contacts to (Contacts) as per the below Gmail example.

This syncs perfectly to eM Client V7,8 & 9.

Also in Gmail Contacts (Online) you will see at the very bottom left a folder called “Other Contacts”. If you have anything in there, suggest to move all of those to “Contacts” at the top left in Gmail online.

…

Lastly if still the same problem, you might have an older version of eM Client that might need updating. So update this thread with your version of eM Client you are still getting the same issue.

1 Like

Thanks for this advice cyberzork, and I will give it a try. Cheers.

Unfortunately none of the above suggestions have fixed the issue, so like Bob Williams said above, I’ll just have to live with it and ignore.

Hi I was getting the cant import to a depleted account (whatever that means) when syncing contact, I tried all the tips on here with no success. So I noted the name of the folder it was complaining about, then created a new folder, and migrated the contacts in the problem one, deleted it closed the app and restarted, Sync took a little longer, but it all worked and now all contacts synced withy Google contacts.

Thanks for that, will give it a go and see what happens. To be honest I am over this issue as it occurs daily on both mine and my wife’s separate accounts.