"An attempt to connect to [email protected] failed"

Can anyone help with this problem? Since I came overseas I can’t send any emails from Em client. I have turned the firewall off and reinstalled the program again, but I still have the same problem. This is the message that I get every time I try sending an email: 

Hello Willians, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Can you please switch to the “Log” tab when the error occurs, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,

Hi Paul!

Thanks for your quick reply. The version I am using is: 6.0.22344.0

This is the copy of the log:

11:45:01 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…11:45:02 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done
11:45:02 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…
11:45:02 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done
11:45:07 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
11:45:07 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done
11:46:28 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]
11:46:28 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
11:46:28 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
11:46:29 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
11:46:29 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:46:29 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
11:46:29 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
11:46:29 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:46:29 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]
11:46:29 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
11:46:30 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/[email protected]/’
11:46:30 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:46:31 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Connected: To [email protected]
11:46:32 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Downloading messages: From [email protected]
11:46:32 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: From [email protected]
11:46:32 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: Done
11:48:48 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Connecting: To [email protected]
11:48:51 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Connection failed due to the following reason: 
11:48:51 AM     “Invalid server reply when connecting: 'smtp02.syd.iprimus.net.au
11:48:51 AM '.”
11:48:51 AM    at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
11:48:51 AM    at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
11:48:51 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Thanks for your help!

Willians

Hello Willians, this unfortunately seems to be a server side issue, as it seems your server is sending invalid responses while communicating with the application, please check with your mail service’s vendor in order to resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Thanks Paul, I will try contacting them and will let you know. 

Hi Paul,

I followed all the guidelines from my email provider, and according to them everything is fine on their side, and the problem is with the email client!!!

I don’t really know what to do, as this issue is very annoying. Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks,

Willians

Hello Willians, the error states, this is due to an invalid server reply, but I can try to find out some more information about this if you enable SMTP logging in Tools > Settings > Advanced and replicate the issue with logging enabled.

When the error occurs, please restart eM Client to quit the logging session and send us the logging data by navigating back to the advanced settings window, where you can use the “send logs” button to submit the logs to my email.

Please submit the data to my work mail [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,