Always get error messages on boot up.

I’ve just started to us eM client and am hoping to upgrade from the free version if all goes well. I am impressed so far but get these error messages and I don’t know if what they mean or if they’re important. How can I get rid of them please? I have a screen-shot but can’t see how to attach it.  __

You can add a screenshot by clicking on the camera icon below.

Thanks Gary - here goes!

This is this mornings offering:

One thing you might try is to remove the Hotmail account from eM Client, then add it again.

But I have never found AirSync to very reliable. If you want to try something else, setup your account as Exchange. Rather than using the Automatic Setup, choose Mail > Exchange.

The other error you are getting is the Google Chat protocol. If you are not using it, you can disable it. In the account settings for GMail, scroll to the bottom of the General tab and deselect XMPP.

Hi Gary

I’m very grateful for your help.

I have seen and deselected AirSync during setup whilst adding hotmail again but I can’t see Exchange as an option.

I have deselect XMPP in the GMail settings.

So it’s fingers crossed for tomorrow morning.

If you are not using the Hotmail calendar or contacts, then deselecting AirSync will be fine. If you need to use the online contacts and calendar, then you need to setup the account as Exchange.

Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and delete the existing account. Then add a new account by clicking on the + icon, followed by Mail > Exchange.

Thanks again Gary.

I managed that OK so should be sorted. I’ll let you know either way.

Many thanks again.

Hi Gary

That has worked fine - no error messages today.

Many thanks.