Always enable system tray icon

Don’t be so sure.  You’d be amazed at how many projects do not have automated testing.

Not sure if I’m in the right thread but I’m new to the app and UTTERLY LOVE IT except for one single thing:

I don’t want to the app to quit when clicking the X in the upper-right corner. I want it to hide. And I want a SYSTEM TRAY icon which I can click on to bring up the main window.

My rationale for such feature is that I want the app to continuously check for new emails and notify me when they arrive! If I “hide” the app by clicking upper-right X – thus quitting it – I won’t know if I get new emails.

Hitting minimize to keep it awake is a very inelegant method. Main reason being that it occupies one slot in my precious taskbar and I don’t want it there. I just want an unobtrusive, persistent email notifier and excellent email/calendar app. eM Client achieves the latter but this is the missing piece of the puzzle.

I respect that you have your priorities, eM devs! But I don’t think this can be questioned in regards to standardization. Many apps have this feature. It has its use and I cross my fingers this request will be taken to heart.

(Other than that. I must say this… Wow. What a lovely made app, truly. I just ‘clicked’ with it, right away!)

jueves 16 septiembre 2021 :: 1813hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @hced

I hope this is what you want/mean.
To minimize to system tray when clicking ‘X’ to keep awake.
Menu ->Settings ->General ->Select Minimize application to tray & Close application to tray

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

2 Likes

MAN! I can’t describe how happy I am for this. eM Client is rocking the socks off of all the competing email clients out there for WIndows. Will definitely buy the permalicense asap.

Thanks @skybat