Allow Sent Mail to be Saved in Folder Where Email is Replied or Forwarded From

Wanted to follow-up to see if there was any progress on this being added?

Thanks,
Merg

Hello, this feature is not currently on our roadmap to upcoming release, weā€™re currently working on implementing the ā€œConversation viewā€ feature into our eM Client which should allow you to view all messages using threads, however the feature may appear as a part of some Rules feature improvements weā€™d like to include in future upgrades.

Now that v7 is coming out and Conversation View has been added, I was hoping that this feature request might get some steam again. While Conversation View is great for finding emails in multiple folders and pulling them together, it would be nice to be able to have all emails related to a topic in one folder. It does get a bit old moving emails from the Sent Mail folder to the folder that the email belongs in.

• Merg
1 Like

Hello Merg,
unfortunately the status of this Idea has not been changed, as even the work on the Conversation view (and other new features) is not finished yet and there are still few kinks to be fixed in the testing phase.
Please mind that considering and adding new features can be a lengthy process (and unexpected setbacks can always happen).
Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
Olivia

I vote for this feature as well. I have similar reasons.

1 Like

Please Please Please add a simple option to the settings to save sent messages in the folder holding the message you are replying to! This, as mentioned long ago, has been a standard feature in other mainstream email programs! It canā€™t be that unusual, nor difficult, to implement. THanksā€¦

1 Like

Dear eM CLient Dev Team.
I am a new user to eM Client, having just converted from using Thunderbird (which I found too slow and constantly ā€œfreezingā€ while it was synchronising my eMail accounts). I was only a user of Thunderbrid for about 6 months, but prior to that I have used Outlook for many years. Both of these email clients have the simple ability to create a copy of sent emails in the folder from which you have replied (or fwd) a filed eMail. This is a totally vital tool for managing emails.

As previous users have posted and requested (since 2014!), we canā€™t image that this is a difficult function to enable in eM client.

Please please please eM Client Dev teamā€¦ we would be soooo grateful if you could implement this functionality asap in 2024ā€¦ ā€œbegging emojiā€!

Many Thanks
Spencer

In many cases it is your server that saves the message, and it saves it in the Sent folder. Then eM Client syncs the Sent folder from the server, so it has a cached copy of the message. Maybe something for you to discuss with your email provider?

However, in eM Client we have the Conversation feature, so messages in the Sent folder (or any other folder) will automatically be grouped with the original received message or any replies to it.

Hi Gary,

Many thanks for your prompt response. However, as I and other posters have pointed out, this is a feature of the email client tool/app itself, not the email provider (ā€œserverā€). Both Outlook and Thunderbird have this feature. Using ā€œConversationsā€ wonā€™t help, since people (including myself) use the ability to automatically file copies of eMails in a ā€œsubfolderā€, may also include ā€œlocal foldersā€, which are then used in different ways e.g. archives/backed up/shared".

However, for whatever reason it may be required (which imho should not be debated or ā€œjustifiedā€), the simple question is that are ā€œyouā€, the eM Client Dev team able to accept this feature request from its user base and implement it please?

if you are, then trust me, it would be very much appreciated, and also prevent users ā€œdumpingā€ eM Client (which in the 1st instance seems to be very good), and moving back to Outlook etc.

Many thanks
Spencer

I am still wishing this would be implemented.

Interestingly, the newest version of Outlook appears to have removed this feature.

• Merg