All reminders accidentally dismissed

If I’m typing an email when the reminders pop up, it will usually dismiss all the reminders immediately up to that point and all I see is the reminders menu flash on the screen, then I have to go back in my calendar & find them & reset them for a future time in order to get them back.  Only future reminders will pop up from then on.  I imagine that some keystroke I’m doing while typing my email dismisses them immediately when they pop up, I don’t know.  I’d like to know if I can do something to bring them back or to keep them from being accidentally dismissed while typing.  Outlook didn’t do this — it stopped me from doing anything until I either minimized the reminder list or addressed the reminders in full.  Of course, Outlook isn’t free.

Hi Ellis,
the reminder pop-ups should not be dismissed at all unless you click the button to do so. They will get snoozed for a designed time period (usually 5 minutes by default) if you click Enter.
If you are sure that they are getting dismissed I will need to know what email/calendar account this happens on.

Regards,
Olivia

I’m aware that I can dismiss or snooze them on the Reminders menu.  What I need to know is why they are getting dismissed quickly if they pop up when I’m typing.  Note that since I’ve finally complained about it, I can’t seem to make it do it again.  Will come back if it does.

Hi Ellis,
I just meant to point out that there is no keyboard shortcut that COULD dismiss them, you can only accidentally snooze them, which meant they should pop up again in 5 minutes.

Regards,
Olivia

Each time it’s happened, I’ve set a new reminder to see if they would all pop back up with the new one, but they don’t.  Next time it happens, I’m going to wait & see if they all pop back up and how long it takes.  I appreciate your input & hope that’s all it is.

It just happened again at 11am, and here it is well after 12 noon & they haven’t popped back up.  However, other reminders that were set at 12 noon have popped up.  What could be another cause of this issue?