All my new email disappears

Hi,

I have a GMail account, which is connected fine and is synchronising every minute. I have received and replied to several emails today through your client and have also moved them in the related folders, however now that I try to recall them, I cannot find them anywhere.

I logged onto my GMail through the website and they are missing from there - not in Sent, not in the Bin - nowhere. It is quite frustrating as these were work related emails.

Could you help me fix this, please? Thanks.

Hello, are you using an IMAP or a POP account with eM Client? Are you using any security software on your computer, such as firewall or proxy? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

How did you setup the account with eM Client, did you use the automatic setup? Are you seeing any errors thrown by the application whenever you try to synchronise your items with the server?

Are you using the account on other devices or email clients?

Thank you,

Hi Paul,

I am using IMAP and I believe I have the firewall and an antivirus activated, however they have not detected anything today. The eM Client version is 6.0.22344.0.

I used the automatic setup and I started getting error messages regarding the syncronisation. However, I am still getting my emails and I also confirmed these settings with the ones suggested by Google, so I ignored them. The problem comes when I reply to a message (doesn’t get saved in “Sent”) and move it to a folder (it disappears).

I am using an app on my phone for this account as well.

Thank you.

I had a problem like this with one GMAIL account where messages that I send to a listserv, when delivered back never appear, even though mail to that list from others is displayed.  I discovered there was an additional folder in the Gmail account called “All Files” and found the missing messages there.  I don’t know whether this in any way relates to your problem.

Thanks Michael,

I did manage to find them in the IMAP/Bin folder of my GMail account, accessed through the website. When I restored the conversations to the inbox, the Sent items also appeared in the mail client.

Does this mean you were able to resolve the problem? Do you know why the items were moved to the Bin folder?

Regards,