Alias reply-to address is wrong

I have setup an Office 365 account with an alias.
Whenever I sent an email using the alias (I have check Message > Reply to address is the alias one)
the email is delivered but the reply address is always the primary Office 365 account username.

I’m having this problem also.

Using eM Client version 8.2.1721 on a Windows 10 PC. Using Exchange Online account. The alias used is set up in Exchange and in eM Client. Exchange is configured to enable send from aliases.

In eM Client, when composing a new message, I set the “from” field to the alias, and confirm that the “reply-to” field is set to the alias.

Send the message from eM Client to a different account with uses different server/client softwares.

Check the headers in the delivered message – the “from” header is the alias, but the “reply-to” header is the actual email address for the account.

Either eM Client is not actual using the alias in the original header or Exchange is changing it.

Any help is appreciated.

I have setup an Office 365 account with an alias.
Whenever I sent an email using the alias (I have check Message > Reply to address is the alias one) the email is delivered but the reply address is always the primary Office 365 account username.

When you send an email with an Alias address (unless you change the default sending email address on your mail server end in the mailbox), the sent email in the mail client header will normally always still show your default normal email address and the alias reply address. However when they hit reply, it will have your Alias as the reply address.

In the case of a eg: Gmail account (apart from choosing the alias email address in the compose window), you need to change both your default “From” and “Reply-to” address “online in your mailbox” to be your alias email address instead “so it then doesn’t show your normal email address when you send email” from a mail client.

MS Exchange and MS Office 365 mailbox accounts “online in the mailbox end setup” would also have a similar setting somewhere when sending from an alias email address’s to then allow that to work.

The other alternative is to change the default email address in “eM Client Accounts / General Tab” to be the actual Alias instead of your normal email address without changing it on the server end.

Some mail servers will allow that when sending, some won’t depending on their specific mail server sending setups with alias email address’s.